Best Flea Treatment

catsareok

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi,
I have a couple tubes of petlock2, would to know what you recommend, My older cat is 18
and we do not treat her often or at all, but coming back from the vet, they showed us a flea>> brushed her once, never would have thought, indoor cat.. worried about this stuff... our young one 1.5 years old not to worried about giving her this

I hate to see her have a reaction.. thanks

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. What did the vet recommend? That might be your best option in determining what would be appropriate for your cat - not to mention your area. I have heard that some flea products are not as effective as others because they have been used to much in certain areas, and the fleas have built up an immunity to them. Your vet would probably also be aware if that would the case in your area.

dinamuldoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Comfortis is an effective oral flea treatment for cats. These liquids are typically applied on one area of your cat and can last for a month before having to be reapplied. Many can start killing off fleas in as little as 12 hours.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use something like Advantage on all of our cats. One of them is 18 years old and she has no adverse reactions to it.
Something Like Advantage: A less expensive, generic stuff, made up of the same ingredients in the same proportions as Advantage. Best I can tell, it's the exact same stuff, but, has a different name.