Best dry food for smelly poop?

makeuplover8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!
My cat eats both wet and dry food everyday. I have a goal to make my cat’s little box to stink at a minimum and would like recommendations for cat dry food that doesn’t cause the litter box to stink too much.
I know feeding raw is the best for no stinky poop but my girl just transitioned off friskies to Weruva so she is not ready for that change yet.
She is currently have Redford dry food (with grain) and want to switch her to Orijen. I was wondering if that would be a good idea to alleviate the smell poop problem.
Thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Orijen is good in my opinion, also Blue True Solutions perfect skin and coat, and Halo are possibilities :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A high quality brand with few fillers might help. Rawz is often suggested as a good brand of food. It's expensive though and not sold outside of independent pet stores and a few authorized online sellers: Where to Buy | RAWZ

Some cats have stinky poop no matter what they eat. My cats eat a raw diet and one of them has really stinky poop :barfgreen: A probiotic and / or digestive enzymes may be helpful.

Don't forget about litter box hygiene to keep odors down. Use a good clumping litter, scoop at least once daily, empty and wash out the box monthly or so, place the box in a well ventilated area, place non-scented odor absorbers near the litter box to control odors, etc.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Once I took my cats off friskies I noticed a considerable difference. When they had friskies their poop could clear the house. Now on fancy feast, Koha and tiki cat, it’s fine.