Best Dry Food For Overweight Cat?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there's much else you can do then, if she won't even let you feed the cans that you got for free. Maybe she'll be alright on just the dry since she's female if she drinks enough water. I know my male cat couldn't eat just dry food. Just keep an eye on the litter box, make sure she is urinating okay. You could always switch to a urinary dry food if she has any problems or urinary tract infections.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In that case, deal with your mum respectfully and don't jeopardize the welfare of the cat. The cat must live with you all peacefully and happily. Don't have any conflicts in the house over a poor kitty. Think more for the kitty and I do hope that all of you have a happy time together.

If it's dry food, then so be it but just make sure your kitty gets to drink more water.

All the best :wink:
Thank you very much! I want what's best for the kitty, and I really appreciate all your help!:)
I don't think there's much else you can do then, if she won't even let you feed the cans that you got for free. Maybe she'll be alright on just the dry since she's female if she drinks enough water. I know my male cat couldn't eat just dry food. Just keep an eye on the litter box, make sure she is urinating okay. You could always switch to a urinary dry food if she has any problems or urinary tract infections.
Thank you! I appreciate your help! :)

You all have been very helpful, thank you! I'm very happy to have found this site! :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you very much! I want what's best for the kitty, and I really appreciate all your help!:)

Thank you! I appreciate your help! :)

You all have been very helpful, thank you! I'm very happy to have found this site! :)
You are welcomed :wink:

Do not hesitate to ask questions if you have any. Many here would like to help too :wink:

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Since it is dry food (and it sounds like you've picked Merrick LID, which is a well regarded choice), you should explore puzzle feeders for your cat (it slows down eating, which helps with weight control (helps in humans, too ;))), and, certainly you should use a cat fountain to improve hydration. Many cats do very well with cat fountains and grain free dry cat food.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since it is dry food (and it sounds like you've picked Merrick LID, which is a well regarded choice), you should explore puzzle feeders for your cat (it slows down eating, which helps with weight control (helps in humans, too ;))), and, certainly you should use a cat fountain to improve hydration. Many cats do very well with cat fountains and grain free dry cat food.
We used an aikiou for a while and that slowed Tommy down by maybe a half a pound. We also use Drinkwell Platinum fountains around the house. The Aikiou was donated when the boys had to start a firm diet. We ended up using microchip feeders for the girls to eat what they wanted and the boys got fed small meals five times a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyCookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are welcomed :wink:

Do not hesitate to ask questions if you have any. Many here would like to help too :wink:
We used an aikiou for a while and that slowed Tommy down by maybe a half a pound. We also use Drinkwell Platinum fountains around the house. The Aikiou was donated when the boys had to start a firm diet. We ended up using microchip feeders for the girls to eat what they wanted and the boys got fed small meals five times a day.
Thanks for the help, guys! I will make sure she is drinking enough water and I'll see if my mom will let me get her a little water fountain (: