Best Clumping Litter?

SteallaandLuna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 medium sized cats. My husband and I can’t get to the litter box every day, so we invested in an automatic scooping box that rakes through the litter 30 seconds after the cat leaves the box. It’s been great! But we’ve tried several different brands of clumping litter, and after less than a week there is always a thick layer of wet, caked on litter sitting at the bottom! I don’t think the litter we are using is clumping the urine very well, so even though it is being scooped constantly, the house eventually starts to smell like pee.

Does anybody have a really good experience with a super absorbent litter? I’ve read good things about Swheat, but my husband has celiac disease so we can’t keep that litter in the house. I also read a blog saying that Integrity is bar non the best, but it isn’t super widely accessible so even though I can get some at my local pet store, I haven’t seen many more reviews on it.

Any advice helps!!!

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought with automatic boxes you are supposed to use non-clumping litters. It just scoops the solid waste and you dump is out every few days to get rid of the urine. I don't think automatic litterboxes are designed to scoop out clumped urine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SteallaandLuna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My user manual specifically says to use clumping litter. In just looking for the best one.