Best cat toy?

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat likes plastic bags...

I keep them balled up and near the litterbox to use and he ends up taking them all out and laying them before me like I'm some queen who only accepts plastic bags as gifts. He loves to run after them when I throw them around the house. Thank goodness he doesn't chew them!

Otherwise, he likes balls that jingle and this snake like wand toy with a feather on the tip that I got from PetSmart. I got a rainbow wand chaser, thinking he'd love it since he loves the previous snake toy I mentioned but he doesn't care about that at all!

(The wand broke off)

Today, I stepped on one of his toy balls with a bell inside. I heard it crunch but thought nothing more of it. Left it there. 10 minutes later, my cat is chasing around a small tiny pink bell down the stairs. It was the toy ball's bell! And i went up stairs to find it all smashed up.

He played with the bell for a good 20 mins UNDER SUPERVISION of course. That bell is so tiny I was scared he'd eat it and choke on it. Sadly, it flew under the fridge and is now lost forever. Haha!

I bought Da Bird for him before I adopted him but he isn't really interested in it. It disappointed me a lot since it was a pretty expensive toy. Now he hunts it occasionally and chews on the feather. I always say to him, "I spent $10 on this! So you better put down that plastic bag and play with Da Bird!"

Last edited:

rosalie sorg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, I think it depends upon on how we train our cat to play their toys. One thing to remember, ensure to purchase cat toys that is in high quality and highly recommended.

kencolleen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a ball of plastic cage like round. it has a bird inside. Motion sensor. When you kick it it really gets his attention it won't fit under the couch is so it doesn't get lost. He knocks around trying to get to the bird. Then the bird tweets drives him crazy. Course it doesn't last long it was the latest newest toy he get so bored of them. I believe PetSmart has them

new kittenmom

The princess of sniffles
Young Cat
Purraise
Rogue has... specific tastes. Her favorite toy was an orange felt ball on a string with a feather that came default with her cat tree that I bought her a year ago. I think it was her favorite because it was the first toy she was ever given. I have since repaired it twice and stuffed catnip into it.

She plays with the fishing pole toy I bought her, but only the stick end.

She likes the laser pointer, but I really need to work at imitating prey movements just to get her to bat at it, she starts getting frustrated pretty quickly and I think she is figuring out how it works. She keeps staring at me like she's traced the source of the annoying red dot lol.

She REALLY loves hunting live crickets! I only give her one or two every month, but she revels in hunting and eating them. She even gets a little mad if she ends the game too early.

She also loves using me as her toy. She will grab me with her paws (I taught her not to use her claws) and will bite me gently. 

One thing I need to add about crickets. If you are planning to give one to your cats make sure you know where they came from and how they were stored at the pet store. Some generic pet stores gut load their crickets with a green cube formula to provide extra nutrition for the reptiles they would be fed to. I do not know if this will have any adverse effects on a cat. That is why I get my crickets from a feed store where they don't gut load them but provide a carrot or potato for them to eat and drink.

A few good stores that raise their own feeder crickets do not gut load them because it isn't very profitable. The gut load formula is meant to do just that. Load their guts meaning they can't pass any of it and will eventually die in a matter of days if they are not eaten.

Last edited: