Best cat toy?

catgirl15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
I was just curious to ask what is your cat's favorite toys?
I have 2 cats; they both LOVE da bird and their lazer
So what's your cat's favorite

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ritz has been pretty consistent about what toys she likes (almost none) and what she kind of likes (long ornamental grass with a feather on top that I pull under a t-shirt or rug to mimic a mouse hiding.) As a kitten/juvenile she liked balls with bells in them or Crazies.
She use to like DaMouse and Da Bird but both once or twice got caught on her tail, she freaked out, so now she is somewhat afraid of both.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli prefers small furry (.e., rabbit fur) mice with bells in them. He'll play with Da Bird, other fishing pole toys or balls, but mice are his favorite. He's also getting into tablet games - Cat Toys 3D drives him crazy, especially the raven.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kismet's favourite toy - she loves to chase it and I have a video of her fetching it

Mo's favourite toy

Of course they both love garbage.

When it comes to actual toys, both cats love this remote controlled mouse, but it doesn't work very well anymore. So I just push it around and they'll bat at it and carry it around.

And these Sproket straws have been a favourite since the day we met Kismet. The foster home suggested them to us and let us take one home with her.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasmine loves her laser pointer, but has an unfortunate tendency to look directly at it, as she's figured out that it's the source of the red dot. She also loves a wand toy with a fuzzy, long, snaky thing on it that has a bit of a tendency to float, and doesn't get toy mice anymore, ever since I found one with its head chewed off. :lol3:

Also, I'm currently working on a temari (Google it for lots of pretty pictures -- basically, an embroidered ball shaped ornament), that's 2 inches across and has a bell inside. Jasmine is not allowed to play with it, but definitely considers it to be hers.

Margret

Last edited:

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Kindle Fire and thought about downloading one of those cat games, but I'm a bit technologically challenged and not sure there a Fire App [which for the longest time I thought stood for Apple] is available.
I do know that Ritz was totally bored when I played one of those CDs for cats that had a continuous loop of birds singing, fish going around in a bowl, and squirrels running back and forth.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Kindle Fire and thought about downloading one of those cat games, but I'm a bit technologically challenged and not sure there a Fire App [which for the longest time I thought stood for Apple] is available.
I do know that Ritz was totally bored when I played one of those CDs for cats that had a continuous loop of birds singing, fish going around in a bowl, and squirrels running back and forth.
I just checked, and the Cat Toys 3D is available for the Fire tablet (for free). If you download it, turn up the sound - the sound effects are very realistic and add to the fun.

I didn't think Mogli would like it, because he rarely watches TV, but he begs for me to turn it on when he sees me using the tablet. I also downloaded a koi pond screensaver that he loves.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well Ritz checked it out, kind of liked the rat. Kept on trying to figure out where the rat was coming from. My Kindle is about 7" small, she was going around the Kindle not sure what to make of it.
Ignored the raven (and we have really big birds that she sees outside the window).
I kind of feel badly for her, she doesn't "get" a reward, though if she is really into it, I could always give her a treat. To satisfy the hunt and prey instinct.
Thanks for recommending this game to me jcat jcat

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Years and years ago when Ms. Pepe was a kitten, the guys had an old Atari game (remember those?). It had a car race kind of game where the cars would race each other across the tv screen. Well, Pepe used to sit and watch that game while they were playing. And as the car went off the screen, she ran to the side of tv looking for the car! It was hilarious (well, we thought so). She would watch those cars and keep constantly running to the side of the tv.

Banshee used to like to watch the fish on an old screen saver that I had (I'm thinking back with Win 95 or 98 maybe?).

Tabby loves the red laser light. She literally runs around in circles chasing that thing. The other kids love the light, too, but I think that's Tabby favorite plaything. At night, right around 7:00 or so, she'll come up on the couch, sit down next to me and stare at me. Once she's gotten my attention, she'll start to meow at me. That's her way of asking to play with the laser light.

And, of course, Da Bird. When Mollipop manages to catch Da Bird, she is so proud of herself that I swear she struts through the living room with it in her mouth. It's hard to play with all six of them at one time, but we have two Da Birds, so Rick will play with a couple and I'll play with a couple. They go to both Birds, so everybody gets a chance to play.

Tabby loves the little meeces that we get from Foster and Smith; they come in a cardboard block of cheese. Little grey meeces. Tabby has them scattered throughout the house. She also likes this little black mouse that we got from a pet store. His name is Blackie and he replaces Pinkie, a little pink mouse that Tabby adored. Unfortunately, we lost Pinkie a few months ago when she disappeared some where in the house and I've not been able to find her. But Tabby thinks Blackie works just as well because she yells at him as much as she yelled at Pinkie.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli wants his own tablet for his birthday. Every time he sees me using mine he runs over to see the rat or raven "living" in it. We've caught him trying to make the game work several times by pawing the screen. I'm having trouble even reading my email in peace. He also believes my husband and I are playing chase the rat/raven on our laptops, and that he therefore has to keep checking out those screens.

catmomjulia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any wand toy (but the mouse ones from dollar tree are his absolute favorite!), laser pointer, Catnip Bubbles, ping pong balls and any small mouse shaped toy!

rosalie sorg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For me and my cat, I think the best cat toy is Bird Catcher PRO cat wand toy.  It is made high quality and environmental friendly. I also observed that it improves more my cat's Predatory Instincts and she's happier rather than other cat toys I gave her. I purchase mine in Amazon. Try yours.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wand toys, the large crinkle balls that are easier to find, laser pointers, the tube from a roll of paper towels (en garde!), and her absolute favorite? A large crocheted mousie stuffed entirely with catnip. A friend of mine made a whole bunch of them and sold them for $5 each, with proceeds to benefit our church choir.

Oh yes, and I'm working on a two inch diameter temari (Google it) with a tinkle bell inside. She definitely thinks that should be hers.

Margret

rosalie sorg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah. I too use The Bird Catcher Cat Dancer Charmer Cat Toy. She really love it so much. She became more playful.

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nice recommendations!  Unfortunately I have a cat who is a hard-core chewer, and has already had one emergency abdominal surgery for a piece of a toy that got stuck in his small intestine.  $5 for the toy, $5000 for the surgery.  Both cats love mice but they only get to play with them under supervision.  I used to let them have the Petstages dental chew mice, until I found one chewed up and sitting in a pile of vomit.  They do love the mouse version of the da Bird wand toy.  They like da Bird too, but it resulted in a trip to the ER when the chewer cat swallowed the plastic cup that holds the feathers.  So I only get the guinea feather version, but they don't care for it as much.

Luckily I've found some safe toys they love.  The two biggest hits are:

- Ethical Springs (not the thin ones) - my younger ball-of-energy cat loves these.  They fly quite far and in random directions when batted, so he chases them all over the place and brings them back to me to throw.  I'll try to get a video, it's really comical.

- My yoga mat, crumpled up in a random pile.  They hide under it, use it as a duck blind when they play-wrestle, and when they're done it doubles as a cat bed (this is Chai, the non-stop playing machine, not the chewer):

kaatex8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat actually loves dog toys! Anything squeaky, really. When I first got her as a kitten I was at Petco and they usually have bins by the check out for 2/$5. I picked her up a little pink hippo that squeaks and she LOVES it. All I say is where's your hippo and she runs and carries it everywhere! Too cute!