Bella

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone.

It is time to put up the screen to Bella's room. I did a few weeks ago but my fat cats ( resident cats) scaled it and took it off the wall. Any ways, my little "Romeo" did not perform very well when I did have the door open and screen up, he normally is so sweet and loving with me yet he popped me when I tried to sooth him. My friend Kwik suggested using rugs with the prickly things on the back of them but all the cats just lay on it . So now I need help on how to keep the three kids calm with each other or as calm as can be and not hurt each other so bad. My Grayson is the gentle one so he gets beat up all the time by them even though he is the biggest. I truly need some ideas to keep him safe from the other two and how to keep Romeo from just going stupid. Mind you my little resident girl never got to go face to face with Bella before the screen came down and she is a mean to Grayson too when there is another cat around.. Any ideas would be appreciated.....Feeling a bit antsy :(

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not quite sure what exactly you're anxious about,are you saying Little One is redirecting her aggression? I think I'm unclear because you said she's not had a face to face yet but redirects aggression when other cats are around- what other cats are you referencing?-

With the 3 residents it sounds as though Grayson is getting picked on to begin with-I know Romeo is young and very demanding of attention ,,little bugger! He does need to learn some manners aside from introducing Bella into the mix,wouldn't you agree?That's when a crate comes in handy so they can get used to being with the others without starting trouble ... it's not easy when during all of this you cannot be there all the time to supervise and have to go to work,it just takes longer is all with shorter integration sessions

First the 3,residents have to get along well before introducing Bella so my suggestion is to expose one at a time to the other as you've been doing-How did they do when they are all in one room,you said Grayson gets beat up all the time- so does that mean Little One and Romeo get on well together?I'd like to understand the dynamic better and what you mean by " beat up"-

For example- Max will run after Bella,then Sami joins in and someone will start yelling at someone(Bella or Sami) because Max is youngvery playful ,loves to wrestle and doesn't know his size..... there's never fur flying or hissing so no one is getting beat up- after their spurt of energy is expelled they'll all go out to the patio and snooze peacefully---Graycie,who is like your Grayson wants no part of the commotion and she'll hiss to let them know.....no one is fighting but not everyone feels like playing when Max decides it's playtime..... is thst sort of what's happening or are there arched backs,tails fluffed and ears flattened- is it aggression or squabbles?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have been given great advice by Kwik Kwik . I might only add that introducing and getting cats in a multi cat household to all get along is always a work in progress. We humans want to rush the process and have all of our cats be best buddies. That is not how it works in the cat world. Slow and steady is the best course of action. If you move to quickly, it will only set you back. When you are ready to move forward, baby steps and watch reactions at each step.

The first feral cat I brought inside to meet and live with my resident cat took a full year to acclimate to each other. It was another full year before they started to enjoy each other. I rushed the process along the way. It was hard on the cats and very hard on me. When I slowed things down and allowed the cats to set the pace, it was so much easier. Also I found it very helpful to not have a timeline of when I wanted the cats all settled. Just allow the process to unfold with your help and guidance.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
You have been given great advice by Kwik Kwik . I might only add that introducing and getting cats in a multi cat household to all get along is always a work in progress. We humans want to rush the process and have all of our cats be best buddies. That is not how it works in the cat world. Slow and steady is the best course of action. If you move to quickly, it will only set you back. When you are ready to move forward, baby steps and watch reactions at each step.

The first feral cat I brought inside to meet and live with my resident cat took a full year to acclimate to each other. It was another full year before they started to enjoy each other. I rushed the process along the way. It was hard on the cats and very hard on me. When I slowed things down and allowed the cats to set the pace, it was so much easier. Also I found it very helpful to not have a timeline of when I wanted the cats all settled. Just allow the process to unfold with your help and guidance.
Good stuff here my dear friend price053 price053

Today I went into the bathroom to get something under the vanity,Timmy quickly followed to see what's in there,now Sami has just hissed since Timmy has been inside(7mos)- just saying " don't bother me" -Timmy continue to try very submissively as Sami was his very first friend ( outside)and he was wild about him....sadly,when Timmy came in from the Vet Sami had no clue who he was from the odd and unfamiliar scent

Anyway- in walks Sami,Timmy sat,put his head down and Sami started to groom him - Timmy actually looked like he went to Heaven

Moral of the story : that's how long it took,7months .....Sami got petted and praised and they both got treats

There's alot of different ,unique personalities in any multi cat household- it makes for a dynamic with alot of separate timelines to consider into the equation.......with alot of patience,supervision,praise & reward -allowing each one to move at their own pace it results in a peaceful environment❤