Belated hello from Buddy!

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, I just realized I forgot to introduce Buddy! I have posted quite a bit since we adopted him. Was a bit of a rough start due to health issues he had (ear infection, ear yeast, constipation, food allergy, environmental allergy). He is doing great now. Working on the environmental allergies but its coming along.

We went into the rescue looking for a petite girl kitty (not a kitten) and ended up with a big boy kitty. He caught us a few seconds after coming in the door. (The little girl kitty we had come to see was adopted the next weekend, so that makes us happy.) We saw Buddy and he was so funny and happy we just knew he was the one for us. We adopted our first kitty back in 1993 when we got married. We have almost always adopted older kitties. Buddy is our 6th kitty, he is approx 2+ yrs old. Was trapped with a bunch of ferals by a TNR group at a trailer park. They figured out after he was fixed that we was definitely not feral and got him into the rescue for adoption.

We are his 2nd home - the first one returned him to the rescue this Summer. I think they didn't like how affectionate and how much attention he wants, plus he had digestive issues that they didn't bother addressing. Argh! At least they returned him instead of dumping him (although they admitted "letting" him outside).

He always wants to be with us no matter what. He is the smartest, most loving, fun kitty we have ever had (and we have loved all our kitties so much). He doesn't like other cats, I can see he would not be happy sharing attention. He absolutely loves people, and anyone coming into the house has to be greeted immediately. We had the plumber out today and they know the routine - say hi to Buddy, I put in him my office otherwise he would be helping them, then when they are done, its more Buddy time before they can leave.

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley:to you and Buddy. He's a handsome boy and what a sweetheart. It sounds like he's loving his new family and home.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the bleep! This one’s got such a personality! I bet he has a good purr on him, too. Welcome!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and to Buddy! And thank you so much for giving him the life and the love that he so deserves!