Been a while

ruby6689

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've not posted for a while, I tried a more local forums (Australia) but not a lot happening and certainly not as friendly as here so I hope you will welcome me back.

It's been just over two years since we lost Pandi (the Cryptococossis suffer, her journey is posted in the Health forum here). Since then we have also lost our beautiful Mia to cancer in the throat, just months after surviving a Tiger snake bite and little Misty also departed our lives. All were a good age and I have learnt never to have more than one of the same age as the grief was overwhelming.

After the 'I'm never going to have another one' we found Mittens at a animal rescue stall whilst on holidays. She stopped me dead in my tracks as she was the spitting image of Pandi curled up asleep. I was rooted to the spot and my husband was also taken aback......that was it Mittens came home.

Mittens is actually quite different from Pandi, she has less white on her face and it is much rounder, Pandi had a bit of oriental in her (so the Vet said). Mittens is also the most affectionate cat we have ever had. The vet guessed her age to be 3-5 not the 11 months we were told. It didn't matter at all to us, she is beautiful.

Then came Eddie, I posted asking what sex this kitten was and YES you guessed it, my 'girl' was in fact a BOY. 

Eddie has just turned one and what a funny thing he is. He has one slightly turned eye, which I found out is quite common in orientals. He is of questionable breeding, Mum a 'Ragdoll' (maybe cross) and Dad a Burmese (maybe cross). I saw an ad on our local facebook page 'free to good home'. The backyard breeder actually gave my kitten to a man who knocked on her door saying he was my husband! I was so upset but told not to worry there are more litters so come and pick another!!!!!!!!! I suggested that she charge a small fee for them and save the money to desex her 6 cats. I was asked to collect him at 5 weeks of age, I wouldn't normally do this but he was not in a good environment.

Eddie is a real character, he is only just starting to allow me to pick him up and pat him but he loves one of our dogs Rocky, who hated him and wanted to eat him at first. He rubs up against him and purrs loudly. Eddie is bombproof and won Rocky over and sleeps with him during the day. This photo was taken only a few weeks ago and as we are heading into Winter here his coat is turning a lot darker.

So there we have it....I can never say 'no more cats'.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back!  I'm so sorry to hear about Pandi, Mia and Misty.  That's a lot of loss.  But how wonderful that Mittens and Eddie came along.  They are such beautiful cats.  It's interesting how they came into your life, too.  I'm really glad you rescued Eddie so young - it does not sound like a good situation at the original owner's at all.  And Mittens being the image of Pandi...  Obviously they were both meant to be with you.  I'm like you.   There is no such thing as "No more cats."  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm just seeing this thread.  I'm sorry about the loss of your kitties.  So tough to lose them in such a short amount of time.  

Welcome back!  Mittens and Eddie are precious.