Basepaws Dna Test For Cats?

beckbjj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't hold your breath...I got that same acknowledgement email in August 2017 and still nothing. But, to be fair to them, I was one of the free kit recipients (I have an asthma cat and that's one of the conditions they're studying), so perhaps those are lower priority than paid kits. I emailed them to follow up and they said they're catching up, being that it's a pretty new process and that they've got a ton of them to process, which seems reasonable.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was reading their blog i think they had some difficulties i think the initial report is out but they said their back log is months. I am doing these on all my cats but im not holding my breath til june lol. FAQ - Cat DNA Test Kit | Basepaws

Last edited:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They just launched a feature on their website where you can register for an account, enter your cats, and register their kit identifiers and you have a dashboard that shows you what process you're in.

beckbjj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh cool! Will head there now! I had mentioned the lack of an account login when I emailed inquiring about the status of the kit and they didn't say anything. Thanks!

helenks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Following this thread! This seems pretty cool. Please keep us all updated with the results :))

FelineGroovy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was signing up for this when I realized I should do a little more research and found this discussion on The Cat Site, so I immediately signed up. I think rather than order the kit now and clog their system more, I'll wait and learn from your results. Although one of my girls is 15 so I may go ahead and light the candle and order the kit because you know...tick tock.

beckbjj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not yet! I just logged in and it still says my kit is "awaiting processing". I sent it in 6 months ago. :sigh:

kdm1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine was processed recently. Now it says awaiting sequencing.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
supposedly the first group from alpha has been released. finally. they say they hope to get thru their backlog by may

Jessebree7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I paid for mine. I can’t remember exactly when I sent it in but it was December or possibly beginning of January. Some time later I’m guessing about 4-6 weeks they said they got it and it was in process or some lingo. Either way I have heard nothing back and quite frankly getting a bit irritated now that I have found this forum. Seems I can’t find anyone who can attest to actually receiving results. Have I been scammed...originally it said 6-8 weeks for results. I know it doesn’t take very long to mail a little package within the US. Off to do more research now. I’ll be back...

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I paid for mine. I can’t remember exactly when I sent it in but it was December or possibly beginning of January. Some time later I’m guessing about 4-6 weeks they said they got it and it was in process or some lingo. Either way I have heard nothing back and quite frankly getting a bit irritated now that I have found this forum. Seems I can’t find anyone who can attest to actually receiving results. Have I been scammed...originally it said 6-8 weeks for results. I know it doesn’t take very long to mail a little package within the US. Off to do more research now. I’ll be back...
Hopefully BasePaws just has a backlog of orders, and it’s just taking them longer than expected. Please do post back if you get results!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the group from Alpha has been released, that's as far back as Q1 last year. I sent mine maybe the first week of December, and fully expected no less than 6 months from their issues.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
excerpt from the newsletter today:
"We want to say a special THANK YOU to all who have been tirelessly answering questions and allowing us to follow-up on the reports. We are now gearing for the release of the next batches in the coming weeks, and another large batch by end of April. All kits purchased in 2017 should have the first report delivered by April. Thank you for your tireless patience and kind words as we do our best to get this to you quickly!"

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They just updated me this evening that they received the other catkit that I sent off at the beginning of December, and the remarks in the graphic say 2-6 months for her report.

kdm1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Results are finally in for mine. She's a generic DSH, showing no likelihood for any of the 27 breeds they have listed. Her wildcat ancestry also showed low percentages, so there is no hybridization.

I was a little excited at first because they had Egyptian Mau at the top, so I thought that meant she was close to that breed -- but when I looked at the actual bars for that breed and all the others, they were right in the middle, which indicates DSH.

• Purraise
Reactions: KSV