Barn Cat with kittens wont stay in the barn

suzygoose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A barn cat that I recently adopted constantly comes to the door of the house and meows. She had kittens on Sunday. She had them in a box that happened to be at the back door. We left her there on the porch, but a Tom showed up in the middle of the night so we brought the box in the house. We took the box back to the barn the next day. She keeps bringing one of the kittens to the back door. How can I keep her in the barn rather than locking her up. It gets very hot in the only place that we can keep her that we are not in and out of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suzygoose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you let her raise her kittens indoors? Outdoor kittens have a very high mortality rate.
I could. We are afraid she will not stay outdoors later. Also our son has large dogs and it is likely that he will visit soon.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If possible, put her in a spare bedroom with her babies. Give her food, water, and litter. She clearly is asking to come in where it is comfortable and safe.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomcats will kill kittens, have her go in a spare room with the kittens. Then get her spayed once the kittens are old enough along with any kittens you keep. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

suzygoose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tomcats will kill kittens, have her go in a spare room with the kittens. Then get her spayed once the kittens are old enough along with any kittens you keep. :)
Thank you, we have moved them into a bedroom. And definitely will get her spayed as soon as possible.