Balding Cat?!

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
soooo. This is peanut now. She looks like she’s balding on both sides of her...is this something I should be concerned about? She eats enough food and drinks enough water and has both constantly available to her. Is she just overgrooming? Or would this warrant a vet visit? I’m leaving in 3 days for China.

Has anyone seen this? She grooms herself a lot. It’s not like she’s actually going bald, it looks like she just has light fur in the area
216BF9AB-19E0-4A79-9A07-087142AF1AFE.jpeg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’d definitely recommend a vet visit. There can be several reasons for coat loss in cats, including overgrooming caused by stress, allergies, or fleas. Have you changed anything in his environment recently? Any new food or cleaning products? I’ll attach a link to a helpful article that gives more information: Skin Conditions In Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thestarcatcher

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’d definitely recommend a vet visit. There can be several reasons for coat loss in cats, including overgrooming caused by stress, allergies, or fleas. Have you changed anything in his environment recently? Any new food or cleaning products? I’ll attach a link to a helpful article that gives more information: Skin Conditions In Cats
Changes in her environment have come along. We got in two new foster kittens and a foster mom. We think it’s overgrooming as she doesn’t have any fleas and it looks normal besides the obvious thinner hair. Here’s a better photo
We switched her food a few weeks ago, so it could be that but I’m not sure. She’s 6 months old, is it safe to put her on the limited ingredient diet by instinct? She’s been eating instinct kitten food for around 3 months now. I just switched to the adult.

Attachments

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get a vet consult just to be sure. Does her skin feel warmer in that area? It could be food sensitivity - cats can become sensitive to peas and chicken. Also, rosemary can be irritating to sensitive tummies.
Having you go out of country will be an added stress so I would also offer stress relief such as Feliway pheromone diffuser and calming drops.