Bald patch on hind leg normal?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks a tad bit 'indented' to just be wear and tear, and it appears to be perfectly rounded which seems odd. How does the color of that spot compare to other parts of his/her body where you can see skin? I was thinking it might be some sort of a sore since it looks relatively pink? Does your kitten go outside, or is s/he exposed to other cats?

I would check around your home to see if there is somewhere this kitten is getting to that might be causing some sort of irritation on that part of his/her leg.

In the meantime, should it be some sort of an irritation spot, you can buy chamomile tea bags from your local grocery store - most all of them are German, you don't want English or any additives/flavorings - brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp, and use a cotton ball or soft cloth to dab some of the liquid on that spot a few times a day. The tea has both soothing and healing properties, and is considered an anti-bacterial/anti-fungal agent. It is also safe for him/her to ingest. See if it clears up in a couple days.

Then, keep an eye on it for spreading in size or to other parts of his/her body - in that case, a vet visit is probably in order.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
s a bald patch like this on my kitten’s hind leg just from regular wear and tear or is there something wrong?
Looks normal to me. Just like what FeebysOwner FeebysOwner mentioned, wear and tear. That's the part of the leg that have the most contact on the floor as it is heavily used. It's just like our elbows resting on the table all the time and we have marks there.

My boy has them at his hind legs too.

As long as it's not bleeding, not irritating you kitty and if you don't suspect it's ringworm (not to scare you) and not super dry and flaky, I wouldn't worry.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's the part of the leg that have the most contact on the floor as it ids heavily used. It's just like our elbows resting on the table all
:yeah:

Just a normal bald patch many cats have. That particular spot is in direct contact with the floor and other surfaces as the cat sits so a sort of bald spot, maybe with a callous, develops.