BalanceIT

pippin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys,

Has anyone tried this to create a nutritionally complete homemade meal for their cats? Would love to hear more about forumers' experiences with this product.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! 

Yes, I have dabbled with this a bit. I went as far as buying one of their supplements and making a recipe from their free recipe generator. It's pretty easy to do as long as you are using the right supplement for the right cooking method and not altering the recipe. The link @mschauer provided above explains this. I was hoping to offer home cooked meals in rotation with canned foods, but some health challenges with my cats are preventing me from pursuing this as quickly and easily as I'd like.

If I were to offer home cooked meals exclusively, I think I would use the Balance It supplemented meals in rotation with other balanced recipes (not using Balance It). I think this would provide a better range of nutrients overall.

I recently contacted Balance It to request a custom recipe (for a fee). Unfortunately, the recipe I was requesting showed nutrient deficiencies, so they advised that I get a consultation from a vet who specializes in custom diets.