Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I used to cut my own hair for a while.. but most of the time I made a mess.. LOL I am not that good at that. But I do dye it (I used to spell that 'die' btw) myself.. My stylist told me that my natural is called basically Dark Blonde (?). I used to believe my hair was brown-reddish..? Anyway, I dye them at my natural hair color, but only "segments" of it.. Like, only where the "white hairs" are. Not all of it.

But I have the most iritatting hair. It's wavy in general. But it get more curly at the top.. Slows down lower.. Then curls up again! and the lowest layer of my hair is straight! For me it's bad hair day, everyday! hahah!
I used to  make many mistakes! Sometimes I google the words before I type them up! My tip would be to Google: " Define die" or "Define dye". That's a great way! My most "hated" word is "purpose
"! purpoise? porpoise? porpose? demmit! 

Hair color is relative to the person evaluating it! if you search any of the 2, you might find that it fit both! My mom has hair: She has light pinkish hair, so I call it "Medium Strawberry Blonde", someone else could plain call it "redhead" or others "blonde".

The way your hair curves may have something to do with your haircut. I have medium layered hair, so the crown of my hair is more "pooffy" because of the length than at the bottom. Your hair sounds amazing! all that dimension sounds like so much fun! 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Am I the only one who feels sorry about this and the 'ppossum momma was wrongfully "evicted"?

http://blogs.discovery.com/bites-an...m&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=AnimalPlanet
I don't know.  I would worry about someone suffocating in the plastic bag.  But I know where you're coming from.  We're so used to the idea of bringing in feral mothers and helping them with their kittens that it seems the woman should have made a nest somewhere for the possum.  I've never seen pictures of a mother possum and her babies before although certainly knew they carried them that way.  It's amazing.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Gee, I go out for a little while and this thread never seems to stop growing!  
  I'm almost afraid to sign out it takes me so long to catch up when I come back.

I feel sorry for that mama opossum, imagine having all those baby critters hitching a ride the whole time. How exhausting!

it's now approaching 7 pm here and I was very bad when I went out and bought myself a pizza.... need to go put it in the oven. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That is intense! Poor possum momma. At the same time, I would be terrified to live with a wild possum. Someone in my home town owns one though, I've petted it before.
Yeah that is pretty crazy. We had a rather large possum living in our yard for a while. He/she moved on when the idiot from the landscaping company that cuts our grass killed the fig tree he/she was eating from. 

rlavach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, that opossum carrying her babies is literally the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. How sweet! I've never seen a baby one

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, that opossum carrying her babies is literally the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. How sweet! I've never seen a baby one
Where we live it is common practice to check dead possums to see if there are babies in the pouch or on the back. They can be taken to wildlife centers to be rehabilitated and possibly released. I love possum babies. They are adorable.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm back again :wavey:

Thanks for all the lovely comments about Asha :heart3:

You're absolutely right margd margd - she is full of sass! (and we love her all the more because of it :nod: )

grizzlysapien grizzlysapien - I absolutely agree that a more open mouth would be even better. Trouble is, she hardly ever yawns, and her mouth only ever opens as wide as the pics when she meows. She's not a very open mouth cat (if that makes sense).

I think I'll hold off submitting until the last minute in the hopes that Shadow is more obliging (not likely. I can but try).

It's 7pm here. I'm tired already :lol3:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
We had one who used to come up on the deck at night and gaze through the sliding glass door at us. I never saw any babies though.  Guess it could have been papa possum.

guslizsid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness, i've missed so much! i just wanted to share that i just spoke to my vet, he said that there were crystals in the urine samples, more in sid's, but otherwise nothing. he said crystals can form while the pee is sitting around, i got gus's right after he went & put it right in the fridge, sid probably was some time after since he was in the bathroom from about 2-6am. , we agreed that if everything seems ok, which it does thank goodness, i don't need to follow up. so, here's hoping. not thrilled about crystals, but i'm very relieved. i know sid can't wait to have to give another sample - i know i can! amazing how many posts there are, congrats to the winners!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

oh my goodness, i've missed so much! i just wanted to share that i just spoke to my vet, he said that there were crystals in the urine samples, more in sid's, but otherwise nothing. he said crystals can form while the pee is sitting around, i got gus's right after he went & put it right in the fridge, sid probably was some time after since he was in the bathroom from about 2-6am. , we agreed that if everything seems ok, which it does thank goodness, i don't need to follow up. so, here's hoping. not thrilled about crystals, but i'm very relieved. i know sid can't wait to have to give another sample - i know i can! amazing how many posts there are, congrats to the winners!
So happy to hear that your cats are alright. I am constantly worrying about my cats whenever they don't quite seem themselves.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Woops, Sinbad lured me into a cuddle and it turned into a rather lengthy nap!

He's turned into a real snuggle beast.

@Norachan No, it's just a simple scratching post by smartcat, with the optional perch.
I do have large spools of 3 sizes of sisal rope though, and randomly make them scratchy things.  When we adopted Tempest, the shelter gave us one of those scratching posts because she loves them, and they were so happy that she'd been adopted after so long and so many hardships. She does love it, so while I like making them scratching things, we do replace that one when she wears them out. We've gone through 2 already, she's quite fierce and really shreds her scratchy things!!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats have an old chair that we got from Craigslist that was scratched on by other cats before. They use this as their main scratching post and have shredded it to bits. They don't scratch any other furniture though.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Our cats have an old chair that we got from Craigslist that was scratched on by other cats before. They use this as their main scratching post and have shredded it to bits. They don't scratch any other furniture though.
And here I thought I was the only one who let my cats loose on furniture!  My daughter once  brought home a second hand chair and it had seen some cat attention too - my cats loved it and went right to town.  Needless to say, when she moved out, she left it behind and it became the main scratching post.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, neither of them touch furniture. Tempest shreds the scratching posts, and Sinbad copies her. It was really bizarre when we first adopted the, Sinbad clearly had absolutely no idea how to scratch. He didn't figure it out until he saw Tempest scratching her post. Since she had one, we'd bought him one too, and after staring at her avidly, he ran down to try to do the same thing. It was adorable.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And here I thought I was the only one who let my cats loose on furniture!  My daughter once  brought home a second hand chair and it had seen some cat attention too - my cats loved it and went right to town.  Needless to say, when she moved out, she left it behind and it became the main scratching post.
Were lucky that the dog protects the rest of our furniture. They're all over the scratching chair, but won't touch anything else since they get licked by the dog (too much) if they do.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Were lucky that the dog protects the rest of our furniture. They're all over the scratching chair, but won't touch anything else since they get licked by the dog (too much) if they do.
I wish I had a dog as well as Chula and Paul.  They are so goofy and devoted.  I always had dogs but then moved to apartments so that was that.  But I miss them!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Older dogs are good for apartments. One of my friends adopted an 8 year old mixed breed dog from her shelter. She is very calm and can be in an apartment with no problems. There are always older dogs that need to be adopted.

Status
Not open for further replies.