Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, look at you guys. I go to bed and you reach 1000 posts while I'm sleeping.

It's 1.30 pm here. I'm just taking a break from my fence repairing duties. Something I forgot to say about having your own home-made cat enclosure, it needs regular maintenance. Particularly when those big 15lb boy cats like to swing on the netting.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's 12:30 AM on the dot here in Florida. Happy Wednesday everyone!!  Halfway through the week!
..and yet I gaise.. gaize? gayze? no.. that can't be it.. GAZE! Yet I gaze the weekend from afar..! 

seriously.. not talking in your mother language, is irritating sometimes.. 

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
..and yet I gaise.. gaize? gayze? no.. that can't be it.. GAZE! Yet I gaze the weekend from afar..! 

seriously.. not talking to your mother language, is irritating sometimes.. :cringe:  
I wish I spoke more than one language. I think it must really stretch the mental processes to be able to speak 2 or more languages. There are so many nuances to meanings in every language.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 15th of July.  My daughter wants a stand alone mixer (she currently uses her younger brother) and we're hoping they have a good deal on one.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The 15th of July.  My daughter wants a stand alone mixer (she currently uses her younger brother) and we're hoping they have a good deal on one.
When you say she uses her younger brother, instead of a mixer..? You lost me there.. 

Anyway, is she looking for a certain brand? Has she looked anything up on E-Bay? There are some prety good offers there from time to time.. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has him stand and hold the mixer while she works on another part of the recipe.  She has recently learned to make French Macaroons and the eggs get mixed for at least 10 minutes.  They're 23 and 20.  She still bosses him around.

No she wants the kind she used in a class she took.  A kitchen Aid

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I spoke more than one language. I think it must really stretch the mental processes to be able to speak 2 or more languages. There are so many nuances to meanings in every language.
Sorry, @Margd  I didn't see your post earlier! Apart from geting lost in translation sometimes, it's actually fun to speak 2 or more languages. You get to learn different idioms and expressions. 

For example: you guys use "break a leg" to wish for luck. If I say to a Greek person to break their leg, they'll be like 

But we do have "knock on wood" in common 

Anyone whose native language isn't English, it is mandatory for them to learn the certain language, in order to be able to work, communicate etc.. since English is the #1 worldwide language. 

If you are interested in learning a 2nd language, you'll find that there is a sufficient amount of languages that "relate" to English - and will be easier on you.. If you try to learn for example Greek, you'll hate Greeks from here to eternity. It's too hard, cause of Grammar mainly. English on the other hand is simpler. I actually had an awesome English teacher and she made me love the language from the start.. Bless her wherever she is 

She has him stand and hold the mixer while she works on another part of the recipe.  She has recently learned to make French Macaroons and the eggs get mixed for at least 10 minutes.  They're 23 and 20.  She still bosses him around.

No she wants the kind she used in a class she took.  A kitchen Aid
Poor little brother! Making muscles the hard way! LOL 

I just Googled Kitchen Aid mixers and they 'sweeeet'.. I can see why she prefers them. They also come in a variety of colors - as opposed to others which are mainly white, inox etc.. So, are you anywhere near a city where Amazon celebrates their anniversary sale?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I didn
Sorry, @Margd
 I didn't see your post earlier! Apart from geting lost in translation sometimes, it's actually fun to speak 2 or more languages. You get to learn different idioms and expressions. 

For example: you guys use "break a leg" to wish for luck. If I say to a Greek person to break their leg, they'll be like :wife:  
But we do have "knock on wood" in common ;)  
Anyone whose native language isn't English, it is mandatory for them to learn the certain language, in order to be able to work, communicate etc.. since English is the #1 worldwide language. 
If you are interested in learning a 2nd language, you'll find that there is a sufficient amount of languages that "relate" to English - and will be easier on you.. If you try to learn for example Greek, you'll hate Greeks from here to eternity. It's too hard, cause of Grammar mainly. English on the other hand is simpler. I actually had an awesome English teacher and she made me love the language from the start.. Bless her wherever she is :)

I took 4 years of French in High School but that was a long time ago and I've forgotten most of it. Also took 3 years of Latin, which I've totally forgotten. In college i tried Russian but the less said about that, the better. I'm thinking it would probably be helpful to learn Spanish since so many people here in the US speak it now. And like you point out, it would be easier since there are commonalities between it and English.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I keep watch on them while they play. They just like to kill it over and over again. It's very cute how they pounce on it hahaha XD
Cadbury would eat them before I could stop him, even with me watching!
Little monster! He loves paper towels and toilet paper too. Shreds it faster than you can blink. Haha

Woohoo! Congratulations!

It's blob-o-rama time!

I can't believe just how quickly we made it to 1000! Wow! 

Congratulations @KKoerner  
 Sending you a PM about t-shirt sizes and stuff 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little brother! Making muscles the hard way! LOL 
I just Googled Kitchen Aid mixers and they 'sweeeet'.. I can see why she prefers them. They also come in a variety of colors - as opposed to others which are mainly white, inox etc.. So, are you anywhere near a city where Amazon celebrates their anniversary sale?
Yes, we are in the San Francisco Bay area.   I'm not sure the style she wants comes in colors.  I haven't told her yet but I think she should buy it with her money and not mine.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: Congratulations @KKoerner :clap:

*just had 6 pages to catch up on :thud: *
I think I may have to forego my sleeping privileges for the duration now - I'm missing too much :lol3:

losna losna - I finally caught your greetings card post. Brilliant :D There are a few TV ads with 'Shadow' over here too....he's definitely working on a multimedia empire :lol3: :nod: ;)

Got to feed the dogs now. See everyone later :wavey:

guslizsid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness, such cuteness in my absence! gus obliged with sample around 2 pm, my prima donna sid did it sometime between 2 & 6 am. so, samples going to vet, i was afraid i was gonna have to drag sid in but apparently he's not blocked, just didn't like the set up. i don't know how long before i get results but i will report. i know the paw holding photo is adorable(they have a bunch of photos like that), they do that so  nobody will believe that they beat the crap out of each other constantly. they are littermates. @modetators sorry about the short message, i will make sure it's 15+ words hereon in. 

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm having so much fun here! Kitten pictures just light up my day!

I'm guessing they light up anyone's day yay kitties!

Ps. Does anyone know how to add smileys in Mobile app? :'(
To the best of my knowledge, you can't. :(

I keep watch on them while they play. They just like to kill it over and over again. It's very cute how they pounce on it hahaha XD
Cadbury would eat them before I could stop him, even with me watching!
Little monster! He loves paper towels and toilet paper too. Shreds it faster than you can blink. Haha
Congratulations on #1000!!! :clap:

So who is the biggest babbler of them all so far? It's @NewYork1303 with 145 posts!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a great deal on a Kitchen Aid mixer at Lowe's last year. It was the last one they had, out of a box, no manual with it for $199. I didn't need a box and I found a website where I could print out the manual.
I wanted it to mix gluten free bread dough. It is very dense and sticky. I am now in love with the mixer and wouldn't trade it for anything. They are well worth the money and I wish I had bought one years ago
handsome kitty handsome kitty

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone!! 

@GrizzlySapien    καλημέρα!

I actually disagree with you on that one. Greek - at least modern greek - is pretty easy. But that may be my perspective. σπούδασε ομηρική ελληνική ! (Now I am just having fun trying to practice with my rusty grasp of Greek, hahahaha) So when I got to trying to learn how to communicate with the living, it was really easy comparatively... modern greek has lost a bunch of cases and whatnot. I actually find Greek makes more sense than English, because when you have a sentence like: He was throwing his ball around his neighborhood - if that were in Greek you could look at that sentence and know how many people are being discussed. In ancient greek at least, I'm too rusty now to remember if the forms modern greek has lost would fit into that sentence. But in English that sentence could be referencing 1, 2 or even 3 people, you have no way of knowing where each of those he/his/his belongs.  English is an imprecise and confusing mess.

Though I do remember one of the funniest moments of my time in Greece.. there came a point when I was talking with my friends and I just gave up and started using English words when I didn't know the greek one. So I would have sentences that were like: αγαπώ Sinbad very much! είναι running με την favorite crinkly μπάλα του στο στόμα του and meowing!!

And they all laughed then, and said: NOW you sound like a Greek!!

Of all the languages I have done any studying with ... Japanese is the most difficult. Greek was the easiest for me. Maybe it's the way I think though?? But homeric Greek grammar just makes sense to me somehow. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@MagiksGirl To add smilies on the mobile you enter the relevant code - I'll give you a few with extra spaces so you can see what I mean : ) is :) ; ) is ;) : ( is :(
: nod : is :nod: : wavey : is :wavey: : vibes : is :vibes:
: hugs : is :hugs:

You get the idea? If you want the full range, scroll down to the bottom of the page and press desktop to take you to the main site :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.