Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weighing kittens sucks because of that. The first time I weighed mine I was having a really hard time and her weight was not well measured. I did it again when she was sleepy and that worked.

213kitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Weighing kittens sucks because of that. The first time I weighed mine I was having a really hard time and her weight was not well measured. I did it again when she was sleepy and that worked.
I'll have to try that, it'll be awhile because she is a ball of energy.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to admit it kind of scared me. I think it was because she wouldn't hold still, haha.
Hahaha. Mine just happened to step over it when they were investigating a ball after it. So I took the chance and peeked and the dial was a little over a pound 

My kitties are so big and well fed I've never actually weighed them 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think there is a lot of weighing kittens going on now. The Pregnant Cat Forum is full of cats and litters of kittens. I love the pictures of the little furry ones. :nod:

213kitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hahaha. Mine just happened to step over it when they were investigating a ball after it. So I took the chance and peeked and the dial was a little over a pound :lol3:

My kitties are so big and well fed I've never actually weighed them :paranoid:
Mine is a feral that I brought in 4 days ago, I got her to sit still and she weighs exactly one pound.

guslizsid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@213kitten i think cupcake is adorable! still waiting for samples, sigh. yes, weighing kittens is a pain too! they just don't make it easy do they?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is a feral that I brought in 4 days ago, I got her to sit still and she weighs exactly one pound.
Ah ha. That explains the weighing then. Mine was from a foster but was a little bit small to start with since she had worms and was sick. She is now 17 weeks (wow
) and weights a bit over four pounds.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@NewYork1303  While we're on the subject, how much should a male and female kitty 18-19 week old kitty weigh? I'm noticing a big difference in Wanda and Grinnie's Size 

@guslizsid  Thank you! Please! Quickly try to edit your post. This is a contest thread as well and there's a requirement of a minimum of 15 words per post. 

Do try to share your kitty pics as well! We all love them!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MagiksGirl I have been told that they're supposed to gain around a pound each month for the first bit. After a certain point, I would expect that the gain would have more to do with adult size. Since some cats never get more than six pounds I would imagine that once cats reach four or five pounds smaller cats might have growth slow down? It just makes sense.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
View media item 284805Little Cupcake is sleeping
View media item 284807And Muffin tried to help me knit, haha
Little Cupcake is always purring, she is so sweet :)
What sweet photos! I gave up trying to crochet years ago. I tried to make an afghan for my daughter and her then boyfriend but he was allergic to cats and I couldn't keep them away. Guess now that the boyfriend is history, I should try again. After all, kitties and yarn do go together! :nod:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder

MOD NOTE - Posts must be 15 words, minimum.

Babble on

213kitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Little Cupcake needs to start gaining some more weight, I wonder if she will be bigger than Muffin, after all Muffin only weighs about 6 pounds.:lol3:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to jump in with a different topic but...

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :argh:

I feel better now :lol3:

Been trying to get an open mouth photo. Saw the purrfect shot, but phone timing was off (as well as her head moving at the wrong moment). Ended up with one open mouth shot from 15-20 pics, and this is it
View media item 284809:disa: :bawling: :doh3:

I have lots of tounge shots though :slant:

All those kitten pics are gorgeous, guys :heart3: :heart3: :heart3:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.