Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree, blueyedgirl5946! It's so interesting and it's a really neat way to find out more about our members. I think we should keep a thread like this going even after the contest ends!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm reading it all as well as posting. Very entertaining and enjoyable :D

:hugs: @MServant Migrane and sour milk in your tea :nausea: Like @Norachan, I hate the smell of milk anyway. The thought of drinking bad milk makes me shudder!

Have finished cleaning the cottage :hyper: As soon as I sat down Asha laid claim to my lap. Guess I'm not going anywhere for a while :catguy:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unsweetened almond milk is my milk of choice :) I tend to stay away from dairy on the whole. I've never heard of flax milk. I don't think it's available over here.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We've tried various types of the non dairy milks, flax is our favorite. It cooks and bakes the best as well. (although coconut milk makes the best ice cream!) But as you say that, I'm reminded that only 2 stores here carry it, so it might not be in many places.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Right now I am sitting on my screened-in back porch enjoying my morning cup of coffee. I was rudely awakened very early by one of my kittens sitting next to a litter box meowing for me to clean it out. I scooped and before I could finish he jumped in to make a deposit. When I came downstairs there were toys scattered everywhere! They must have had a big night of play! :)

juliek1975

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I've got lots to babble about with 6 kittens that just turned 6 weeks old in my house, I'm quite sad that in just two more weeks they'll be going to their furever homes though. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Odd morning here. Decided it was time to get the kids away from the screens and out to do some sightseeing. Went to Haifa and visited the worst museum in the country (possibly the world!). They charged $5 per person (that's the discounted family rate!) for seeing a couple of rooms with displays of kitschy porcelain. We finished the tour in under 10 minutes and it was hot and humid outside, so we just drove back home. Still, that was more than two hours without computers for the kids! 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Nice, Anne! :clap:

It's going to be a warm one here and the older I get the less I can deal with it. We've been for a 4+ mile walk and we're going to start doing some things around the house until we can't take the heat anymore.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They gave him a sustained release injection, so unfortunately until it runs its course there's nothing to be done.  I spoke with the vet at length this morning, and she noted in his file that this particular drug should not be used on him again. He's unfortunately got a very sensitive system; his file is full of notes like 'don't use this drug' 'reacts badly to this vaccine' 'is allergic to these foods' etc. 

He's running around in circles, and attacking invisible bugs. Every now and again he zooms over to me to grab a quick power cuddle, before he's back trying to pounce things out of the air. All I can do is alternate keeping an eye on him with my husband. But at least he's eating, and not having any life threatening reactions.

I should also say at least it's a 'good trip' heh. He's having fun chasing around whatever he's seeing. It'd be cute if it weren't drug induced and putting him at risk of falling down the stairs and off furniture or running into walls. 

The good news though is aside from that, the surgery went without a hitch and he's recovering very well. The vet said he is otherwise very healthy, she wishes more people cared for and fed their pets as well as we do for ours. Huzzah! 
okay, somehow i totally missed everything related to sinbad needing an operation. may i ask for a link to a thread where info was posted, or a recap?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, now I'm having tea this morning.  Earl Gray Green.  I even have fresh milk.  I am going to enjoy it with pretzels dunked into it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
warm and sunny here today, cats are already laying in the window sills. my plan is to finish making a batch of potato salad today, i'd prepped the potatoes yesterday and they're in a container of water i the fridge now. then it'll be a nice quiet day here.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to breakfast in the park this morning and walked around the festival to see what was going on. Not too much this early. We will go back later. I'm trying to let my son have a nap now since we are getting their pictures done at noon (it's 10:30 am now).

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats meowing for the canned Friskies purring up against my legs. What is that on my foot a kitty mouth licking me? Strange kitty I think she believes she's a dog.LOL

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Time to run my dishwasher. Opened the cupboard to get the powder out and discovered a cabinet full of water! Darn leak on a Saturday morning! A rusty fitting needs to be changed out. Put a bucket under for now. It's a drip. Plumber coming Monday. In the meantime I had a little helper! :)

View media item 283915

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i just switched my order of whole roasting chickens (6 of them) over to the store that's close to the computer repair shop. i'm going to freeze the chickens, and they'll be for the next years worth of poultry for me, along with the 3 i have left now. with the bird flu and how that may very well cause the price of poultry to rise, i'm 'hedging my bets' and buying the chickens now. i usually wait until around thanksgiving and buy whole turkeys during the 'turkey wars' between wegmans at tops supermarkets -- got mine last year for 49 cents per pound. this year it depends on how the bird flu progresses, if there will even be the normal turkey wars here.

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been plucking out the white hairs that are visible. About 10 so far, but I don't have tons of hair to lose. =/ My hair is black, so white hairs really stand out. I think I should start dyeing my hair instead. I also don't like the small talk at hair salons. I wonder if they even like it. Some probably don't, but I don't want to spill my life story to a stranger or someone I only see a couple times a year. I usually just want to sit there quietly getting my hair washed, cut, and dried.

Status
Not open for further replies.