Average Size Of Cat Urination?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vertigho

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

I don't think there is anything wrong there...
When Bugsy had his UTI/Inflammation, his pee was tiny - I mean tiny... like... about the size of your thumbnail.
Also, he would jump in and out of the box trying to pee... Jump in, sit there, jump out, jump in again, jump out... Lick his bottom, jump in, jump out... He was trying really hard to pee and couldn't.
Have you ever had an UTI before? Know how you want to go to the bathroom all the time? And then you can't pee? Same thing with the kitty...

So... I think your kitty is alright... If he starts jumping in and out of the box trying to pee, then you have a reason to worry.... Or if he pees outside of the box too of course...
Alright, sounds good.

I haven't seen Mr. Bruce have any kind of trouble peeing, and he hasn't pee'd out of the box as far as I know.

Thanks everyone. I can take a deep breath and move on with life. Time to worry about something else that requires my concern.

Thanks a ton everyone.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not an expert on how much is "normal" but if he is going a couple times, I can't see it being a lot more than what you've shown. I have 3 cats here...the oldest one has "huge pees", the middle cat has slightly smaller and the youngest cat has smaller than both. He goes a few times a day as well. Actually, his might be even a bit smaller than your cat's.
So going by my cats "pee size" it looks normal to me.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to judge by the size of the clump unless you know the box was clean before he used it and he only used it once. My Aya likes to reuse the same corner several times during the course of a day and by the time I scoop it is sometimes quite big, but is really from 2 or 3 pees.

Also she is a stress pee-er and will hold on to her bladder while I am out and really cut loose when I get home. When I stay around she pees more frequently during the day and in smaller amounts. So, its hard to judge.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks fairly normal to me also...

My 9 lb female pees about a half a golf ball to golf ball( depending on time of day)

My 12lb female and my 12 lb male roughly half a tennis ball( depth is about double on the male)

My 15 lb male a lake ( he pees 2 times a day )

Every cat is different ... just keep an eye and ensure this is your kitties normal... Ps wet food feed kitties tend to pee more ...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Ps wet food feed kitties tend to pee more ...
Oh, wow, yes. . .my canned-food-only boy's litterbox can look like a pond pretty quick. None of the other cats can fill up a litterbox like Mooch. It's kind of amazing, really