ATTACK Kitty

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, first of all I will tell you a story that I am a bit disappointed about, well not a bit, EXTREAMLY.. disappointed about

I never do anything never, I go to work then come home. I clean house, cook meals, do laundry, take care of hubby and son the best I can and my kitties. I rearly visit anyone at all unless I am going with my hubby to his families house.

Well a dear friend called in a frantic the other night, she knows I love animal so she wanted to know if I would help her find her daughters hamster. The little thing got into the laundry room fell into a whole and this was going on the second day it has been missing. Her little girl was coming home from camp in the morning and she loves this little thing. I thought about it..

Thinking well it is 11:30 at night, it is only 4 blocks from my house, My son had a friend spending the night so I said .. Ok , I can do this. I won't be long. So I said night to the boys ages 12 , they were both in beds watching tv. Then left for my friends place..

Well I got home a couple hours later to see I was locked out of my house because I did lock the doors but I stupidly forgot my keys. I called no answer, nothing.. I finally walked to the Superstore where my brother inlaw works grabbed his keys went to my work picked up my keys and got in, both kids sound a sleep on the sofa's.. GRRRR, I even rang the door bell over and over which is pretty well over their heads.

Anyway, all is way, I was freezing cold , jumped in the tub, waited for hubby to come home then decided to go to sleep for a bit. Then KNOCK KNOCK..
I heard the door open and a mans voice ask if there lived a 12 boy in my home.
It was the police looking for my son
What the hell did he do..

My hubby woke up my son's friend and told my boy to get up too.
These kids were crapping bricks to put it mildly.. The reason I called this Attack Kitty is because while the officer was in my kitchen, titen, freaked out. She attacked him. She ran jumped on the table and on the cops shoulder and head. She wouldn't let go, I had to run over and grab her. She tried it again. What is up with that..? I have never seen her act that way before.

Well to let you know what my smart@SS son did is just crazy.. He went outside with his friend with eggs ketchup and tolet paper and smoked our neighbors house.. OMG
I am so disappointed in him for doing that. She was a little old lady about 86 years old. Poor thing
I am so ashamed that he could be that heartless to do such a thing.

Sorry its a bit long.. Maybe I shouldn't have named it attack kitty but I dont' know I just had to get this out.. I am just upset about this and I have no idea what the cat attacked the cop and my kid did this to someone else.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!
Whats their punishment?.

I'd take the plugs of his t.v., hi-fi etc... if he has them for a week, and make them clean up the mess they made, along with cutting her lawn or any small tasks she needs done.

Will you get into trouble for leaving them on their own?, because over here they can't be left on their own until their 15 i think?!.

I hope you've showed how dissapointed you are with your son and this might make him think.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHH I'm SO sorry to hear about that!!!! I don't blame u for being disappointed in ur son.. If u don't mind me asking, what did the police do about this? Does ur son have to pay a fine or do community service or what?

Also, that's strange about ur cat attacking the cop!
Wonder if she felt threatened by him- the way he smelled (maybe she smelled another cat on him?)? Hope the cop wasn't too mad about the cat attacking him??

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not that I have children, but if he were mine, he and his friend would be cleaning that lady's house (outside, I would think she may be uncomfortable with them being inside her home) top to bottom, and caring for her yard for the rest of their lives.
At least the rest of the summer and fall, if she is agreeable to that anyway. And they would be grounded for the rest of the summer/fall too.

As for kitty, I wonder if she was feeling all of the tension, anger and frustration in the room and was feeding off of that? Since she didn't know the policeman, she may have figured he was causing it?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you tell your son that you are VERY DISAPPOINTED in him???
You try and try to be a good person-and something like this happens.
Does your son help out around the house.
The most important this is TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF!!! (i'm a big Oprah fan)
Go and sit in a park, read a book and have some wine. If you don't take time for yourself you will make yourself CRAZY.
Plus hide a key somewhere outside-its a lifesaver!!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry about what happened.
I know how you feel, that you raise your kids to respect other people and their property and you KNOW THAT THEY KNOW how to behave. I have 3 boys, 17,15,12yrs. It makes you wonder WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

They needed to be crapping bricks with the cops at the door. I know there might me repercusions from the police but have you thought about a form of punishement for your loss of trust in him? If you dont mind me asking?

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! I'm sorry about that! It's horrible! I hope all goes well!

So, you're cat attacked the cop? He probably had a dog or cat smell on him, and clicked into territorial mode. She was probably just defending her family.

Did they arrest her for assalting a police officer?
Maybe you should put this bottom sign on your front door!
(Sorry for the lame humor... just trying to cheer ya up
)

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remember...YOU CAN'T KILL THE KID...It would be a momentary pleasure at best and would get you talked about..

For punishment make them clean up the damage, paint her whole house and let the town put em to work cleaning up graffiti and whatnot. Plus perhaps a light flogging, no more than 5 lashes...lol just kidding??? maybe not.
I wouldn't ground them for the summer as that kind of comes under the heading of punish yourself Mom.

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The punishment needs to be related to the crime. I would make them go apoligize to the lady (call her first so she knows and be sure she is home), clean it up and pay for any damages they might have caused (broken widows etc.) If they dont have the money they have to find some way to get it. Save up any allowance, mow peoples yards, whatever.

As for that cat, what was the punishment?
I hope the policeman wasnt mad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry its taken me a bit to respond, I am at work so its pretty busy..

Thank you all for your responses, I let him know how disappointed I am. We grounded him to his room for a period of time. He is not allow to see his friend at all for even longer. He is unable to use the phone or computer, we removed his tv. He had to go talk to the lady and clean up the mess. He has to study like he is in school , I set up math and reading for him to focus on at home.

I am getting him working so he can make some extra money picking strawberries this summer and some other things. I am just heart broken about this. What was he thinking..? I know boys will be boys but that was so insenstive and he has a huge heart this kid does. I know he just figured he would be an idiot and where it was late he would get away with it, but come on.. Where was his head.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigKittenDaddy

Just remember...YOU CAN'T KILL THE KID...It would be a momentary pleasure at best and would get you talked about..

For punishment make them clean up the damage, paint her whole house and let the town put em to work cleaning up graffiti and whatnot. Plus perhaps a light flogging, no more than 5 lashes...lol just kidding??? maybe not.
I wouldn't ground them for the summer as that kind of comes under the heading of punish yourself Mom.
LOL!!!! Classic - you sound just like my Dad I could never take him seriously when he was angry he was so FUNNY!

I am really sorry to hear about your son's behaviour. Although you do say he has a huge heart and I bet he is actually pretty ashamed and embarrassed about what he has done. It sounds like the punishment you have dished out is pretty appropriate.

Just remember he is only 12 - yes what he did was very thoughtless and quite mean for a little old lady, but he may well have been put up to it by his friend, or they could have been daring each other and because you were out couldn't resist. I would think 12-year-olds have very little idea of the consequences of their actions or how upsetting this would have been to your neighbour.

I agree with you needing to take more time for yourself. Perhaps he thought to act up because you ARE such a good mum and he found himself in a situation when you weren't around. Perhaps (and I know this might sound silly after last time) you need to leave him again for a couple of hours and give him the opportunity to prove that he can be responsible. This may help him mature and learn to be independent and accountable for his actions.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaiDreamer

Thank you all for your responses, I let him know how disappointed I am. We grounded him to his room for a period of time. He is not allow to see his friend at all for even longer. He is unable to use the phone or computer, we removed his tv. He had to go talk to the lady and clean up the mess. He has to study like he is in school , I set up math and reading for him to focus on at home.

I am getting him working so he can make some extra money picking strawberries this summer and some other things. I am just heart broken about this. What was he thinking..? I know boys will be boys but that was so insenstive and he has a huge heart this kid does. I know he just figured he would be an idiot and where it was late he would get away with it, but come on.. Where was his head.
Did he apologize to YOU? I know teens do crazy stuff without thinking but if your son regrets what he did, it's a good sign he's growing up!

About your "attack" kitty, I hope the officer understands it was not a malicious attack and the cat was just being "territorial".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well he did say he was sorry but not with words, he broke down and cried about 6 times that I actually seen himself. I know most of that was more about his friend Norman since he is unable to be around his friend for sometime. As for me, I know when I broke down and said I couldn't explain how I was feeling about what he had did, that it was worse then disappointment, his face turned red, and eyes welted up and lips started to quiver I knew he was hurting when I said that, but this evening when I mentioned it to him after coming home from work he was still awake, I asked who's Idea was it anyway, he looked at me with an I Dont care expression and said Both of us, I don't know it was stupid but who cares he said. I think he was mad about the issue. But I didn't like the Who care attitude.
I said ok, we won't talk about it until your ready but I am not going to let this go don't forget it. It needs to be talked about and you need to realize it is not just you that you hurt but you hurt your family too.

Am I being to serious about this???? UGH, I am just feeling so bad about this.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh, 12 year old boys. Now I remember why I hated 6th and 7th grade so much. Not that it's any excuse, but I think the saying "boys will be boys" may apply here. I'm sure he didnt mean to be evil, he and his dumb buddy just got carried away with themselves and had a lapse in judgement.
Heck, even my husband does some dumb stuff sometimes--although I don't think he ever did anything THAT dumb.
It's the age--the hormones cloud their thinking and remove any bit of reasonable judgement ability they may have.

Your punishment seems perfect for the offense--I hope he learns his lesson!!