Asking For The Pros To Critique My Recipe, Please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coffeecat2420

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update. I am going to make a second batch today. Octavia LOVES the raw rabbit!! She was switched to some new medication a few weeks back, and that proved to be almost an immediate improvement for her. The meds (Tresaderm and methylprednisolone) helped her so her lesions could start healing before I made her the Hare Today, but I didn't think her issues were completely food related anyway. I was able to stop the Tresaderm within 10 days or so. We have a follow-up appointment this coming week. She still gets her allergy shots every two weeks and her probiotic daily.
I am interested in trying a new protein very soon (maybe three weeks from now) because she has been on rabbit (canned, commercial raw, and homemade raw) for quite awhile now, even before I was able to start a true food trial.
Just a side note: She also really enjoys the Hare Today dehydrated ground rabbit (which I've used as treats and toppers) and the dehydrated rabbit ears (which give her a jaw workout). I want to mention these for cat parents who are looking for rabbit-only options.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning! I am prepping to make my first batch of homemade raw rabbit. After reviewing files and recipes, I believe I have this balanced, but if not, please critique and educate me. I was considering leaving out the egg due to possible chicken allergy ... thoughts? This batch is for a food trial of several weeks. I'd appreciate any input from experienced raw feeders!

10 lbs meat, bone, organs from Hare Today (75/10/10)
4.5 pounds rabbit meat (boneless)
.5 pounds rabbit organs (liver, heart, kidney: approx 50/25/25)
= 15 lbs (80/10/10)

5,000 mg taurine
10 egg yolks
500 mg B complex
10,000 krill oil
1,000 mg vitamin E (dry form)
3 3/4 tsp lite salt
+ water to mix and adjust per consistency preference
Did you go with Whole Carcass Rabbit? I believe the ground rabbit Meat/bone/organs is 75/15/10. It makes a bit more calculating with organ meat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coffeecat2420

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you go with Whole Carcass Rabbit? I believe the ground rabbit Meat/bone/organs is 75/15/10. It makes a bit more calculating with organ meat.
I did go with the whole carcass grind.