Artie.....part 1

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Darlin, I'm late getting here (as usual), but we did discuss a lot of this issue with the shelter privately. However, I wanted to add VERY publicly that because of you, Artie had more years of quality time than any cat with his medical issues could possibly have asked for, and with more love shared! NO, you did not take him in "too much." You were responsive to his medical issues, and didn't wait until the forest was on fire to pull out a bucket, so to speak. This is RESPONSIBLE, not excessive. They are wrong. You have observed how wrong their attitude towards medical things are with cats in their care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks..
I did discuss stuff with my SW..

I did go over to Angell to see their kitties...

One really bonded with me.. a buff colored little girl: 4 yrs old.. petite.. so sweet, wanting nothing but love.. BUT... she was missing fur on her nose... Upon pushing the volunteers with questions, I discovered she had food allergies... UGH!! :argh:

I then went to the front desk, where they give more detailed information. I mentioned what I went through with Artie. The woman at the desk, shook her head and said, "Sahara has a severe food allergy; so you would be going through everything you did before.".... DAM :argh::argh::argh:

They will probably get more kitties in, next week... They said to call..

All they others were bonded pairs, or Senior cats: 8+ ... I cannot take an older cat in.. not again...

dam:angrywoman:

Also, my Shelter is one of the largest ones around... sigh...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks..
I did discuss stuff with my SW..

I did go over to Angell to see their kitties...

One really bonded with me.. a buff colored little girl: 4 yrs old.. petite.. so sweet, wanting nothing but love.. BUT... she was missing fur on her nose... Upon pushing the volunteers with questions, I discovered she had food allergies... UGH!! :argh:

I then went to the front desk, where they give more detailed information. I mentioned what I went through with Artie. The woman at the desk, shook her head and said, "Sahara has a severe food allergy; so you would be going through everything you did before.".... DAM :argh::argh::argh:

They will probably get more kitties in, next week... They said to call..

All they others were bonded pairs, or Senior cats: 8+ ... I cannot take an older cat in.. not again...

dam:angrywoman:

Also, my Shelter is one of the largest ones around... sigh...
Proud of you for your progress, though, Cindy! and hopefully there will be just the right home for Sahara, as well as the others. Sometimes it just takes time for the right bond. You're doing great knowing what is NOT right for you. When the right one comes along, you'll both know it and a wonderful new phase of both your lives can begin.

Diana Faye

Always and Forever, Irving
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am tempted to take one home... she is so terrified.. she is hiding under her bed--6 yrs old.. Her owner had a stroke. Her world shattered, and she is so scared that she is lashing out at everyone....sigh...

but I know I would be foster fail... I know it...
My heart aches for you... an all too familiar ache. Your story reminds me a lot of my Irving, who came into my life right when I needed him. I know the pain is indescribable, and the emptiness of a quiet home...

If you have an inkling for a certain cat, it is ok to go with it. Words can't describe how much I love (always present tense) Irving, and taking in another cat was the farthest thing from my mind. I had told myself I wasn't going to go get a cat. I would wait for one who needed me to cross my path. Simon appearing down the road from me right at that time was hard to ignore. And Garfunkel, well Simon needed a friend and I figured I lost 2 souls (my mom and Irving), so there you go. Maybe Irving went to be with my mom, and then sent these 2 kittens my way to make up for it.

I think if I had waited till the time was right, I wouldn't have done it at all. It would never be the right time. Irving, like your Artie, can never be replaced. Even 2 bounding kittens don't quite fill the space he left behind, but they do help. Just don't be afraid to say yes if life offers you a gift.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart aches for you... an all too familiar ache. Your story reminds me a lot of my Irving, who came into my life right when I needed him. I know the pain is indescribable, and the emptiness of a quiet home...

If you have an inkling for a certain cat, it is ok to go with it. Words can't describe how much I love (always present tense) Irving, and taking in another cat was the farthest thing from my mind. I had told myself I wasn't going to go get a cat. I would wait for one who needed me to cross my path. Simon appearing down the road from me right at that time was hard to ignore. And Garfunkel, well Simon needed a friend and I figured I lost 2 souls (my mom and Irving), so there you go. Maybe Irving went to be with my mom, and then sent these 2 kittens my way to make up for it.

I think if I had waited till the time was right, I wouldn't have done it at all. It would never be the right time. Irving, like your Artie, can never be replaced. Even 2 bounding kittens don't quite fill the space he left behind, but they do help. Just don't be afraid to say yes if life offers you a gift.
There was an Irving in my life, too, Diana Faye Diana Faye -- he was the cat of my best friend when I was small, and I loved him. He was a fluffy orange and white guy, very laid back and sweet.
My mom once said something very similar to what you said about the "right time" in relation to me trying to quit a bad habit and waiting "until I have less stress". Her quick comeback about there never being such a time helped me to make my decision and be successful as nothing else would have done.
Though society is all about quick fixes and instant gratification, LIFE is not like that, and personally, I'm fine with that. Life is full of surprises, shocks and challenges. Sometimes, like when a cat comes into our lives unexpectedly, they are GOOD surprises. ;) And though there is never "replacement" for a beloved one who has passed, there IS going on, moving forward and living as we are meant to live, holding our beloved ones close in our hearts and minds, and sharing our love with others in need of it.