Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, Artie did not have a good afternoon, night, and so far-- not a good morning...

Suddenly, the poop is not coming out of him. I had to literally pull what was hanging, twice...He is not happy.. hiding in tent, away from me..
He tried twice yesterday to go, and once during the night.. nothing..

Artie has lost some trust in me, because of all the medications I am giving him..
Hiding in his tent all day.. on my lap while I watch TV, at night, did not cuddle last night..

Will see what NVet has to say..
That is all I can say right now....
Not a good day...
:grouphug2::vibes::vibes::vibes::poop::poop::poop::crossfingers::grouphug:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and Artie are in my thoughts. I also want to remind you that you have a lot of support here waiting for you when you need it. Hugs to both of you. I really wish I lived near you since I am off work today or had a friend in the Boston area I could ask to come with you to the vet appointment.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers for you both. Since it seemed like he was starting to poop, maybe it's just a temporary setback. Try to stay hopeful if you can, I know you're going through a ton of stress and are completely overwhelmed.
My cats hide and have have hidden from me when they think it's medication time too, that's a perfectly normal behavior. Nobody likes taking medicine and we can't explain to cats that we're helping them. He still loves you just as much as ever.
It sounds like the meds take a couple of days to work and if he's had any changes in meds or even doses it may take a little while.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been following this thread without ever finding the courage to put into words my sadness and compassion Artiemom. My heart aches for you and your beloved Artie. I know only too well what you are going through and feel so powerless to offer any help or find some wise words which could appease your pain. You are and have been a marvellous mom to Artie who has enjoyed a very happy life under your care and love. May this thought be of some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.