Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A small bell could be impossible to see on x ray and be just enough to be blocking him from pooping and making him feel worse. Why have that doubt if you don't have to?
We wrote two opposite things :)
In my opinion a metal object is clearly visible on an x-ray, because it's a clearly shaped white spot on the image.
When a cat or dog are shot with tiny bullets, they clearly show on the x-ray, and they are 2 mm thick.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the bell is long gone. It's a red herring; life does throw those at us, you know. I don't care how thoroughly you were searching Artie's poop for it, it really would have been easy to miss, so I'm not at all surprised that you did, Cindy.

Sending lots of love and good vibes to both you and Artie. Cindy, I know this is an incredibly difficult time for you, with everything hitting all at once. Please, take care of yourself, too. You can't make your entire life be about Artie; you are so much more than that.

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs: :redcat: :catrub:

Margret

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heartfelt *PRAYERS* for Artie, who has been through a lot in these past days and is understandably tired and not at his best. Love, patience and determination are IMHO what is needed at this time. He needs time to strengthen. I would not be alarmed if his eliminations are not regular at first, because he has just been flushed out. Think of a person after they are sick in that way -- it takes awhile for things to return to normal, yes?

I would not be borrowing trouble. I would be thinking the best healing thoughts of wellbeing (which I am) and praying for him, as this is empowering for him.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No fairy today, I'm sending you an angel to guard you both.

000000000000000j.jpg

We are with you both, holding you close in our hearts.

I know Artie's actions are distressing, but don't be too quick to read something horrible in them. He's been through the wringer the past few days, and MUST need some recovery time. You'll know in a little while if this is the case. I pray so HARD that it is!

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the bell is long gone. It's a red herring; life does throw those at us, you know. I don't care how thoroughly you were searching Artie's poop for it, it really would have been easy to miss, so I'm not at all surprised that you did, Cindy.

Sending lots of love and good vibes to both you and Artie. Cindy, I know this is an incredibly difficult time for you, with everything hitting all at once. Please, take care of yourself, too. You can't make your entire life be about Artie; you are so much more than that.

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs: :redcat: :catrub:

Margret
Its not easy but there is much truth to what Margaret is saying. I know its a very stressful time for you. Its not ever easy to make that choice for them and there is not a day that goes by that makes one wonder if there was something more or another way but sometimes there is not. If and when that time comes Cindy,
you'll do right by Artie, I know you will. Even though its incredibly painful, loving someone also means knowing when to let them go for their own good, taking their pain from them and making it your own. Hopefully though Artie is just having a rough spell for a bit and will bounce back like he's done in the past. I'll be praying for you both and watching for an update.

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m not a cat but I am a human with bowel issues. I can sympathize with Artie and his constipation. I’ve dealt with it since I was a little girl. I can tell you the cycle can come out of nowhere. I can be eating just right and drinking enough water and it’s not enough. It leaves me physically exhausted, physically hurting, not wanting to do anything or interact with anyone. I’m sure it’s much the same with him.

I would wholeheartedly encourage you to give him time. Give him the time to turn a corner and get over this episode. Two weeks my might not be enough.

When Hariette and I were going through our year long rough patch, I watched a documentary about cancer patients who were deciding when they would take their own lives. I was struck by a woman who had picked out her date and when that date approached, she realized that even though doctors had told her that she had four months, she felt fine and able to go on. She lived four months more. Artie can’t physically tell you, but he can and will show you.

If he does, that’s alright. You gave him so much more time than anyone else would have. You have loved him every step of the way. If he shows that little kitten spark in him (which I think he will), give him some more time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just heard from artiemom artiemom . She is just exhausted, and not up to trying to post at this point. Artie is...well...Artie. Although he isn't significantly better, neither is he worse. Jen, NVet's secretary, has Artiemom giving her updates twice daily. I know that having Jen there, with her access to NVet, is a comfort. Continue good vibes, prayers, well-wishes for them BOTH, please!

00000000000000000.jpeg

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heard from artiemom artiemom . Artie has had another setback, requiring another enema. At this point it's moment to moment. Cindy is tired, and worried, and uncertain. All prayers and well-wishes, for both of them, are greatly appreciated, but we shouldn't expect Cindy to have the energy to post any time soon.

Margret

Status
Not open for further replies.