Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thats quite a catalogue of problems. No wonder you are in pain. I think it's wonderful how our pets can sense something is wrong.
Exactly!  They watch us constantly and know our every move, sense anxiety or sadness.  I'm also sorry for what you have been through with your shoulder and hope Artie gets his R.N certification. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Artiemom I hope you didn't forget that Artie has an appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow. You may run into N Vet in the lobby

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The appointment is next week. Tuesday. I have it marked on my calendar.

I will call tomorrow to make sure. I will get up early, just in case.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Next week? For some reason I thought it was tomorrow
Hope Artie will continue to do well until then.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
That's ok. Now you got me nervous!! Had to double check my calendar!!!!!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
@LTS3   I just called and checked on Artie's echo appointment. it is for March 28. I think you may have confused it with the NVet appointment. That was originally scheduled for the 23 of Feb. I guess you have "23" on your mind.. as well as other things.

Artie Update:

I wanted to go to bed early last night, but for some reason I did not. Good thing. Just before I was going to bed, Artie POOPED!!  at least another 10 inches.. this time it was a cinnamon bun...

It seems he skips 2-3 days and then goes 2 days in a row, to clean himself out! 

He had the mini-zoomies when I went to bed, batting a ball around!! I heard him run into my bedroom. I just say, "Hey Monkey", softly, and he stopped! 

Artie was cuddling with me while I slept. I had to turn over, so he jumped down. He feels so nice and warm with his cuddling..

This morning, he had the zoomies with the ball again!! I heard him run into my bedroom, I turned and looked at him, saying: "Hi Baby".  He looked at me, tail high in the air and curled; following me to the bathroom. 

Artie ran onto his smaller cat tree, as I opened up the blinds and let the sun in. He loves sun!

He ate really well last night. 1/2 of a can. He needs to put a bit of weight on. He lost 2 ounces. He is at 10.3 lbs instead of the 10.5 which he was a month ago. 

Artie came over while I was eating breakfast. On of my slippers was in the sun. He laid down, using the slipper as a pillow...so sweet. I wanted to take a picture of it, but was afraid that if I moved, he would also. 

Currently, he is resting on his quilt. 

Artie had his sub-q's yesterday. I cannot get over how good he is for me when I do them. He does not even move. Just turns his ears back. I wait until he is relaxed, warm up the bag really well, and just do it. I usually do it on the coach, but I have done it on my bed a couple of times, and on my computer chair. I have hooks on the wall, where his favorite spots are. He is so good. I can even get up and look to see how much has been given. He is a terror with the Vet techs, but not me. 

I have to finish the forums and see what the day has in store for me!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Artie seems to have a food fettish...pretzels, cinnamon buns...what next. Very imaginative though. Glad he seems to be better and you sound more settled. Long may it continue

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, of COURSE Artie is good for you!  He trusts you utterly and completely.  He may not LIKE what you are doing, but there is no fear involved at all.  So happy that he is developing a reliable poop routine, and you aren't a nervous wreck about it 24/7 now.  It seems that he turned the corner when he saw N Vet...almost as if there was some magic in just going to someone who would listen and understand!  And who wanted you to be a partner, not just a follower of directions.  And finding the right food was huge, maybe the real hero here.  THIS IS SO GOOD!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
@Mamanyt1953    I think Artie started to turn when I realized I was on my own, and had to take matters into my own hand. And @LTS3  was a huge, huge, help... just knowing I had a wonderful N Vet on the horizon, helped me immensely. 

So many people from here, helped me also. @foxxycat  was so good that she was even texting me on my phone while I was waiting during Artie's last visit to the Evil Hospital
. and @Margret  for all her help...and for everyone else.. who has tried... @StephenQ  has been a godsend...not commenting on here, but with PM's, despite going through his own battle with his baby, Mabel.

I had to knuckle down and pretend I was at work, dealing with a 'study'.  I tried to deal with things by making a ton of logs. One for poop, one for food, writing for behavior, a flow chart for meds, and my log. It has been a major undertaking. My head was spinning. It was hard making heads or tails of it all. I am not computer literate-- just a passing knowledge of them, so doing flow sheets and stuff on the laptop is a daunting process.. and only I can decipher what I write.. sometimes it is even impossible for me.. I felt bad for the N Vet-- it was all gibberish to him...

I still feel the meds need some 'tweaking'. I will wait until after the echocardiogram to contact the N Vet and see what he advises. 

I feel so much better, having the N Vet, and all his experience. There is no better place than Angell Memorial Hospital in Boston. It is a long drive, and traffic can be horrendous (traffic jams) but it is the best place to be. 

I honestly feel that if @LTS3 did not bring up her offer, I would be in the looney bin now, and who knows what would have happened to Artie.. If he was even around.. I will forever be in her debt. I mean it. 

I still have my friend from the Humane Society  telling me to cut down on his meds
, but I am not paying her any mind. I am listening to the N Vet 
. She is also advising me to find another food and rotate into his diet..While that sounds good, I am not quite so sure, that this would be of any benefit to Artie.. but I can see her point.. what is something happens and I cannot get the new food? This way I will have a back- up.... I am not doing anything now; Artie has been through enough changes. He needs to rest. His body needs to rest. 

Artie is still not as 100% as he could be; he would be better if his appetite improved and he was eating more. The 2 ounce weight loss does concern me. 

I am just remaining calmer because I know I have the N Vet..
   and everyone here 

I also feel the food issue was huge!!! enormous!! I am only sorry that we decided on a food that had distribution issues.. but hopefully it is working out...

The old food did not have carrageen, but did have the clay.. The new food is just meat, New Zealand Lamb, but it does have carrageen.. sigh.. I cannot win!!!!   fingers crossed that this works out for Artie and that I can keep the food in stock...otherwise I do not know what I will do....sigh.. but I will cross that bridge when I come to it...

Everything just seemed to coincide at once.. N Vet, food, and me realizing I am on my own...

Artie just woke up, and finally went over to his food. He ate so good last night, that he is not hungry today. sigh....He needs to eat more. 

I should go and see how much he ate, and take some food out to warm for his supper...

Last edited:

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie seems to have a food fettish...pretzels, cinnamon buns...what next. Very imaginative though. Glad he seems to be better and you sound more settled. Long may it continue
LOL, Now I want Cinnamon Bun. LOL  

Since I'm on a strict diet, can you describe Artie's, well, you know, in vegetables. LOL

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He could have worked off those ounces via zoomies, you know. 

And carageenan, as I'm sure you know, is Irish Moss, a seaweed.  Not at all bad for anyone that I know of. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leroy is the opposite of Artie - he has extreme zoomies and trills his head off before he gets into the litter box to poop 

I think you may have confused it with the NVet appointment. That was originally scheduled for the 23 of Feb. I guess you have "23" on your mind.. as well as other things.
That's probably what I was thinking of
  My head is still spinning from all the recent changes at work

Status
Not open for further replies.