Are they Scottish Fold?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, at the cat shelter where I give them a hand, a woman arrived with three kittens that had been surrendered by their family.
They all have folded ears, I have no details on the parent cats.
They do look like Scottish Fold kittens to me, but I doubt they are pure breed. Is it possible that one of the parents is a pure breed? It seems that the kittens were five, but I have no idea where the other two are now.
Any comments on them?

Three scottish fold.jpg

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Either it's just a natural occurring congenital deformity or, possibly yes there was a purebreed parent with an oops pregnancy or purposely unethically bred. Impossible to tell without knowing more.
They are a very cute clowder though! I bet they get scooped up quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they are so cute, soft and quiet.

I, too, thought of a deformity, but three of them with the same occurrence, it seemed highly unusual and unlikely. Also, as far as I was able to see, no other issues were visible.

I don't know anything about their parents.
The lady who brought them to the shelter said that she managed to rescue them from an abusive family who didn't have the mom spayed, probably because "it's too costly".
This family was going to get rid of the kittens by just dumping them somewhere, and this woman was there just in time.

As for them getting scooped quickly, the one at the end of the carrier, the white one, has already found a forever family.
My wife fell in love with the ginger and white one, I am in love with the little girl in the middle (I love calicos and torties).
But it's only a dream. We already have two cats.

Thanks for your post.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, at the cat shelter where I give them a hand, a woman arrived with three kittens that had been surrendered by their family.
They all have folded ears, I have no details on the parent cats.
They do look like Scottish Fold kittens to me, but I doubt they are pure breed. Is it possible that one of the parents is a pure breed? It seems that the kittens were five, but I have no idea where the other two are now.
Any comments on them?

View attachment 451854
My goodness, what sweet babies ❤ So good they are rescued. I don’t think they look like purebred but certainly there is a high probability they are part Scottish fold. I hope they didn’t inherit any problems. My favorite is the ginger/ orange tuxedo guy. He’s so adorable. 💕 it’s too bad you can’t adopt them. 😹 I hope someone adopts them together.