Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

nessakhoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are definitely keeping polka. She has absolutely zero desire to be outside and is living the pampered life now. I couldn't rehome her either as she has grown extremely attached to me but we had a nice reminder of her once feral life today when my best friend stopped over and reached down to touch her. Polka lashed out and clawed up her hand pretty bad. I have also grown extremely attached to her. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have her bossy self following me around all day and waking me at night for treats. [emoji]128518[/emoji]
Yeah man the bond between you guys are special ^^ thank you for making her feel save and happy.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are definitely keeping polka. She has absolutely zero desire to be outside and is living the pampered life now. I couldn't rehome her either as she has grown extremely attached to me but we had a nice reminder of her once feral life today when my best friend stopped over and reached down to touch her. Polka lashed out and clawed up her hand pretty bad. I have also grown extremely attached to her. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have her bossy self following me around all day and waking me at night for treats. [emoji]128518[/emoji]
  You may have to start a Go Fund Me account to support her Cat Nip habit.

Maybe you can make a calendar for the vet. The dog people may complain . . .  they'll just have to come up with their own cute pictures.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a shame about your friend's hand.  :-(    I hope she heals well and no infection.   I guess Polka is a family only kind of cat, but as long as you know that and let everyone know then it's fine.  Great that you are able to keep her.

You certainly have a huge pile of calendar material from your photos.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a bit of a cheek waking you up for treats. I think that's going too far. Of course she doesn't want to go out. She's living the rich life, lucky little girl. Does she sleep with you?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a bit of a cheek waking you up for treats. I think that's going too far. Of course she doesn't want to go out. She's living the rich life, lucky little girl. Does she sleep with you?
I think that came out a bit nasty. Certainly not intended. I was attempting to be humouress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stewball stewball lol! It didn't sound rude at all. I got a good laugh. She does sleep with me. Sometimes I think she's really just waiting until I fall asleep so she can push me out of bed but luckily, I weigh more than her. :) yea. I keep treats in my nightstand now so I don't have to get up and grab them at night.
What beautiful pictures. Does she often put her tongue out?

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
stewball stewball yes she does. We call her tongue her happy meter. The farther out it sticks, the happier she is

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Stewball yes she does. We call her tongue her happy meter. The farther out it sticks, the happier she is
How adorable!   She certainly looks happy - what a natural and gifted mother she is.   I love that she is sleeping with you (and tries to push you out of bed of course,  LoL).   

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kittens have graduated to the living room in the evening. We have our large rats in the living room as well and the kittens have quickly begun bonding with them. Our ratties adore kittens so it's a win-win.
Also, I'm very excited to announce my plans. After all the heartache recently, my mind keeps wandering to all the pregnant cats who are immediately euthanized upon entering our high kill shelters. Those babies and mama are never given a chance because the shelters just don't have space or funds to take on all of them. I spoke with our vet today about getting this current litter in for spay and neuter and I asked them if they would discount me on spay/neuter, rabies/leukemia vaccines, and parasite treatments if I chose to take in 1 pregnant mama at a time from a high kill shelter. They said yes! 45 for spay, 35 for neuter, 15 for rabies/leukemia vaccines! So, after these kittens are off to their forever homes, we are going to start our own rescue. Maybe with time and a little luck, we can even get a 501.3c status and receive help with food and litter through different companies. For now, I can afford the costs on my own though. I'm sure I'll spend my life on this site with a billion questions but I feel good about this decision. It will save a lot of lives and ensure the kittens being adopted out will never be bred.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You, my friend, have a heart of gold, or should I say halo, because you are an angel!

It wouldn't take long to incorporate as a 501c3. You would need a mission statement, financial plan, and a board of directors. You could start out as an LLC and switch over later. And there is nothing to prevent you asking for donations from companies in the meantime if you can provide copies of letters from your vet and the shelter you are working with.

I just got very excited for you! I love the way your mind works and every ounce of your enthusiasm and energy! :)

Oh, and the kitten pictures are calendar cute! There's one way to raise money - make and sell calendars of your rescues!

Last edited:

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwwww...... Thank you. :) im no angel though. I just never knew how much fun kittens really are when they have a mother. I get to enjoy them, socialize them, teach them and watch them grow but I don't have to have the around the clock responsibility. Although, I realize that's still a possibility with any litter of kittens. They completely melt me though. As far as selling calendars, that's a great idea! We know multiple people who have adopted kittens we fostered through our vet. I talked to a couple of them today and they said our kittens would be fought over so I don't think we would have any problem homing them. I'm not sure what it is about our home, maybe the constant flow of people, or array of animals, maybe the non-stop attention.... But there's something that causes kittens in our house to take on a very relaxed, almost dog like personality and people want them. It makes sense to use that to our advantage and give these kitties a chance!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Polka is one special cat.   You are truly an inspiration, and what a wonderful ambition and proposal to put to your vet.   Where you find the time and energy I do not know but go for it.  

Calendars, cards, book marks, you name it:  your photographs would be great for any of these, and I am sure you could raise some funds that way.   

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is awesome news!!!!

You have done such a wonderful thing for Polka and now all other momma cats around your area. Please let us all know if there is anything we can do to help.