Anything you are dreading in the next week?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Anything coming up that you are dreading?

I have to bring Abby to the vet for her annual exam tomorrow. Last time her kidney values were inching towards borderline. :(

It's also rumored to be "layoff week" where my husband works. :(

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Besides more
at work? Maybe just the happy hour planned after a workshop the employee resource group I'm involved with is having next week. I prefer a quiet evening with the cats than shmoozing at a bar with other people who are drinking and making small talk.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Link has a follow up on Saturday. I am dreading it because I am really getting tired of going to the vet but I am also hopeful for good results and no more visits. 

Work is slow so I am semi-dreading a quiet week of boredom at work. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anything coming up that you are dreading?

I have to bring Abby to the vet for her annual exam tomorrow. Last time her kidney values were inching towards borderline.

It's also rumored to be "layoff week" where my husband works.
I empathize with the cat part. We cancelled both of our cats yearlies due to poor weather this past weekend. We bring them in next Saturday.  Really hoping Casper has remained in remission from his diabetes and, that both of their teeth are on ok condition.  Last 2 yearlies we wound up with them both having to have teeth pulled.

Sorry to hear about layoff week, ugh, the stress of that must be huge 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm supposed to be hosting a smallish party for DD this Saturday.  I'm still hacking and on an antibiotic (bronchitis), my Christmas tree is still up and I have very little desire to clean house.  I managed to get laundry going (because we were down to the last bath towel and the last dish towel!) and reload the dishwasher; but I think I'm about done for a while.  I haven't been sleeping much unless I take some night time cold meds and I barely left my bed this weekend.  DH has been a trooper.  Working and handling dinner, taking charge of the kids, etc. but he works so much there is only so much house-prep he can do before Saturday.  Unfortunately I don't think we can reschedule this one unless I'm really not feeling better and I better be by then!!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh boy.  Good luck with the kitty appointments, all, and I hope you feel better soon, @MoochNNoodles  !  

I dread more rain!  We got inundated this weekend here and even got some water damage in the house (not too bad, thankfully) which has never happened before.  We're getting a break in the weather today but there's supposed to be more tomorrow.  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I have to call the IRS and I'm dreading it.  The actual conversations are fine but the wait times until you reach an agent are legendary.  Even that's not so bad.  You can play computer games or groom a cat or something.  

It's the same old scratchy versions of Sleeping Beauty and the Nutcracker Suite that they play over and over and over and over again until you'd rather just go to court or pay the check or file the return or forgo the deduction or whatever it is they want. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have to take Freya, my feisty feral with the itching/hair loss problem to the vet again tomorrow. I'm sure she knows. She's sitting at the highest point of the Kitty Highway giving me stink eye right now.

The kindergarten class I teach starts again on Thursday. They'll all be full of beans after the winter break and there's too much snow around to take them to the park. Little kids are way scarier than feral cats.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! Many many hugs! Well wishes for your little fur munchkin and for your spouse! 

Nothing really dreading-worthy waiting for me this time around, thankfully, other then bills 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a preliminary appointment for spine surgery tomorrow, and I'm dreading it. Not because of having the surgery, but because I'm afraid they will turn me down. I'm not in a lot of pain right now because I've been taking it easy due to my knee sprain and because I manage the pain with Celebrex and Tylenol. The truth is I can't bend over because of pain, can't go up or down stairs, can't walk further than to the mailbox, and can't make it through the grocery store without sitting down. (Where do you sit down in the grocery store? On the refrigerated displays, of course.) If I weren't taking the meds, I would be in agony and using my cane all the time.

I'll have to tell them all that. Makes me feel better just to talk about it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am down with the flu, courtesy of Dear Richard. I was supposed to take a stress--echo test tomorrow morning, but there's no way I can take it. Not the way I feel. I just re-scheduled the test now for next Friday. Believe me, I would have rather done the test tomorrow and gotten the results back. Now I have to wait.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sending a round of :vibes: for all of us!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The kindergarten class I teach starts again on Thursday. They'll all be full of beans after the winter break and there's too much snow around to take them to the park. Little kids are way scarier than feral cats.

As a mom of kids round about that age who haven't been able to play outside for more than 20 minutes here and there....I agree they are scarier than feral cats! 
  I had to be real stern our first day back to school.  

I hope your feeling better Pam! @Winchester  

This bronchitis cannot leave soon enough.  
  I am a little better.  Enough to get through our day.  But DH still has to help with more than usual at night.  

I'm still dreading the prep for DD's party.  Getting laundry done has been an accomplishment this week.  And its not all folded. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I have a preliminary appointment for spine surgery tomorrow, and I'm dreading it. Not because of having the surgery, but because I'm afraid they will turn me down. I'm not in a lot of pain right now because I've been taking it easy due to my knee sprain and because I manage the pain with Celebrex and Tylenol. The truth is I can't bend over because of pain, can't go up or down stairs, can't walk further than to the mailbox, and can't make it through the grocery store without sitting down. (Where do you sit down in the grocery store? On the refrigerated displays, of course.) If I weren't taking the meds, I would be in agony and using my cane all the time.

I'll have to tell them all that. Makes me feel better just to talk about it.
I'm wondering....would you be able to use a walker for the time being? If you knew somebody who had a walker and could borrow it, you could sit on the walker to rest while you're at the store. My mother got to the point where that's what she did.

Thank you for the good wishes everybody! I hope we're all feeling better soon.....kitties and humans alike. 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm wondering....would you be able to use a walker for the time being? If you knew somebody who had a walker and could borrow it, you could sit on the walker to rest while you're at the store. My mother got to the point where that's what she did.

Thank you for the good wishes everybody! I hope we're all feeling better soon.....kitties and humans alike. 
I've got a special cane with a seat on it that I do use sometimes, but not at the grocery store. It's too much stuff to worry with. This week, I went sooner and bought less so I could get in and out quickly. That worked really well, and I'm going to continue it.

I had my appointment for the surgery today, and it went well. I have to go for a MRI, and then will talk to the surgeon and schedule the surgery. They promise me it will get rid of the pain.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I've got a special cane with a seat on it that I do use sometimes, but not at the grocery store. It's too much stuff to worry with. This week, I went sooner and bought less so I could get in and out quickly. That worked really well, and I'm going to continue it.

I had my appointment for the surgery today, and it went well. I have to go for a MRI, and then will talk to the surgeon and schedule the surgery. They promise me it will get rid of the pain.
It sounds like you'll be able to have the surgery after all. That's great news.  

I'm dreading reading the news.