Anyone’s Kitty Snub Different Batches Of The Same Food?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
We just had this issue with Merrick's, too! All four of our cats suddenly didn't like the Merrick's turkey and one other one...maybe the duck, I can't remember.
Amazon reviewers of some Merrick canned items complained their cats do not like it anymore and the quality went way down because Purina bought Merrick. That is most likely why your cats don't like it anymore.

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why does everyone hate Purina so much? Admittedly my dogs never ate anything from that brand so I never knew much about it until I got a cat. My mum feeds her cats Blue and Weruva but they are too pricey for me to feed regularly.

I am glad to know it may be the batch and not that he suddenly hates a food that he liked just fine! I'll try rotating in a new batch in a few weeks...

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Not everyone hates Purina. In fact some people love it. Unfortunately I can't think of any better reason for that than anecdotal evidence: "My cat is great onf Purina. He is a senior cat and never had any health problems." This argument is not good for judging a pet food company because they are biased in favor of their own cats and don't look at worldwide statistics showing their cats are lucky.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We just had this issue with Merrick's, too! All four of our cats suddenly didn't like the Merrick's turkey and one other one...maybe the duck, I can't remember.
To be honest the labels on the cans look different too. Brighter somehow. I wonder if they changed something. The beef was definitely off. It was mushy. Not the usual firmer consistency. My cats are still eating merrick, although not with the same enthusiasm it seems.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
When the label design is different, so is the recipe.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started feeding merrick after the purina acquisition and my cats have done great on it and love it. As long as they continue to eat it and do well I’ll continue to feed it.