Anyone Use Feline Pine With A Sifting Litter Box?

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello :) I'm wanting to use Feline Pine pellets, and hoping to find a sifting litter box with enough clearance between the sifter and pan to allow the sawdust to fall down into a pan below as the box is used, to hopefully cut down a lot on tracking. Does anyone know of or have a sifting box that works like that?

Last edited:

Resigned

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use equine pine for my bunnies. I'm not sure if it would fall through or just clump. But overall, the pellets are bigger with equine pine, so you might be able to find something to work easier if you used that. If you have a Tractor Supply company near you, it is like $6 for a 40 lb bag.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Could you prop the bottom pan up with something? Maybe pieces of wood or thick plastic cups? I'm trying to find a bin that'll fit inside our current litter box to turn it into a sifting box, but it's near impossible to find anything that's the right size.

IronHippo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found instructions for a DIY sifting box before and if we had a place to make it, I'd have given it a try! Basically you take two Sterilite-type storage containers, put holes in the bottom of one (not so large that the pellets fall through), glue plastic water bottle caps to the four corners of the inside of the other one so that there is clearance, and nest the one with holes in the other one so that it sits on top of the caps.

We've been using the Purina Breeze system ourselves. The only downside to it is that the tray is small and gets filled up with sawdust very quickly. And there is only one size of box, so if you have a big cat it might be too small for him/her. Radish is around 9 lbs now and still uses it fine, but I'm not sure if he'll still be OK if he gets a lot bigger.