Anyone Traveling to See the April 8, 2024 Solar Eclipse? Or staying home?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My eclipse pictures consisted of this:View attachment 473998
I'm bummed you didn't get to see it. They were predicting party cloudy for us for days beforehand, and luckily the weather cooperated.
Aside from eclipse pictures, I did get some hilarious shots of the Papillons racing around the yard, and mine dashing into the agility tunnel, knowing Mom's is terrified of it and won't go through it. So she had a no boys allowed fortress all afternoon. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm bummed you didn't get to see it. They were predicting party cloudy for us for days beforehand, and luckily the weather cooperated.
Aside from eclipse pictures, I did get some hilarious shots of the Papillons racing around the yard, and mine dashing into the agility tunnel, knowing Mom's is terrified of it and won't go through it. So she had a no boys allowed fortress all afternoon. :lol:
That's okay; I have seen and photographed two eclipses previously- one in 1970 in Charleston SC, a total, and another, an annular eclipse, in 1994 here in WNY- so it's not like I was missing a once-in-a-lifetime event.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OOOO! Perfect Stephen King!
Haha funny you should say that! The reason I even found out about this total eclipse was that my book club recently read a thriller (not Stephen King) where key events took place during eclipses, thus started a discussion about eclipses, which lead to a quick google search about this one, and so my book club members decided to come together to witness this eclipse! Lucky for us nothing bad happened during the total eclipse :)