Anyone Know What Kind Of Cat This Is?

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone with the knowledge will answer soon but in the meantime, beautiful cat and I'm sure I've seen one similar recently on here. The pic taken from above showing the markings along the back reminded me of the other one.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's beautiful! He'd be called a brown classic tabby Domestic Shorthair. The marbling in his fur is very distinct, as well as he looks like a larger cat, so it's possible he might have some Bengal influence a while back. This would be impossible to prove without a DNA test, which is why we call him Domestic Shorthair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

William6916

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's beautiful! He'd be called a brown classic tabby Domestic Shorthair. The marbling in his fur is very distinct, as well as he looks like a larger cat, so it's possible he might have some Bengal influence a while back. This would be impossible to prove without a DNA test, which is why we call him Domestic Shorthair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

William6916

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks I was just curious to see what he was. He's really strong and about 7 months old.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This with three "stripes" along the backside isnt common. Still, may be a natural variation, not necessarily an own breed.

I remember, something like this is with gepards(?), and this variation with three stripes along the back was a long time counted as its own subspecie, the Royal Gepard.... but nowadays the biologists believe its just a minor color variation, no own subspecie...