Anyone Have Experience With Geneflora Probiotic Supplement?

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just picked up a container of it, as it’s a little more affordable than Purina fortiflora. Just curious if anyone’s tried it and compared the two.

If not I’ll put up a review in a few weeks.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see any information about its ingredients online. Hopefully it's listed on the container?
Anything is probably better than fortiflora, really.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't see any information about its ingredients online. Hopefully it's listed on the container?
Anything is probably better than fortiflora, really.
:hellosmiley:
Hi, I took some photos of the container maybe you could take a look? Thanks for any input. :rock:
1D5127D0-354C-4025-9472-D3459AD5BD07.jpeg
174BD3F1-EF4E-4489-938B-2DECD5A6578F.jpeg
E8FA8556-6C1E-4B35-954A-657E9235B37D.jpeg

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, it looks a bit concerning that they don't list how many CFUs of each strain of probiotic is actually in there. It also doesn't have many strains - looks like maybe only 1 or 2? It also has a lot of unnecessary added ingredients.

I personally wouldn't use this one. It doesn't look like a quality probiotic to me - probably just as bad as fortiflora. I look for one with multiple strains and at least 2 billion CFUs. I also wouldn't use one with so many added unnecessary ingredients.

I use tummyworks, but there are lots of good ones on the market.

Finest for Pets TummyWorks Probiotics & Digestive Dog & Cat Supplement, 160 scoops

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm, it looks a bit concerning that they don't list how many CFUs of each strain of probiotic is actually in there. It also doesn't have many strains - looks like maybe only 1 or 2? It also has a lot of unnecessary added ingredients.

I personally wouldn't use this one. It doesn't look like a quality probiotic to me - probably just as bad as fortiflora. I look for one with multiple strains and at least 2 billion CFUs. I also wouldn't use one with so many added unnecessary ingredients.

I use tummyworks, but there are lots of good ones on the market.

Finest for Pets TummyWorks Probiotics & Digestive Dog & Cat Supplement, 160 scoops
The reviews are so good on amazon:crash: I guess I need to be more careful. Thank you I appreciate your honest opinion.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always go to this forum for opinions on products before reviews on amazon. I find that the average pet owner is pretty oblivious to pretty much everything. This forum is full of cat parents rather than owners, so people *tend* to do their research.

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always go to this forum for opinions on products before reviews on amazon. I find that the average pet owner is pretty oblivious to pretty much everything. This forum is full of cat parents rather than owners, so people *tend* to do their research.
So, be straight with me please, is this even worth using?

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, be straight with me please, is this even worth using?
Honestly I wouldn't bother. It seems like you'll be feeding your cat mainly a bunch of crappy ingredients he doesn't need and maybe he will get a bit of one strain of probiotic, but we don't even know how much of the strain is in there since they don't list the CFUs. Who knows if its enough to be effective.

Edit: It looks like they add a source of soluble fiber to this product and that may be why so many people are saying it helped with constipation or diarrhea. It's like adding canned pumpkin to your cat's food. Most cats really don't need that extra fiber though, and if you're truly looking for probiotics I don't think this product is the right one.

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly I wouldn't bother. It seems like you'll be feeding your cat mainly a bunch of crappy ingredients he doesn't need and maybe he will get a bit of one strain of probiotic, but we don't even know much of the strain is in there since they don't list the CFUs. Who knows if its enough to be effective.
Thank you

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
1EC70B8F-30BD-4215-81F9-8B2A0FD3FB97.png
Yeah this is their explanation for the ingredients I don’t know enough about it to discern whether this is bs

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly I don't know enough about enzymes and probioitics to be able to argue whether what they are marketing is factual or not. All I know is that if you're truly looking for probiotics I would go for one with more strains and no unnecessary added ingredients.

You might find this link helpful: Probiotics for Cats - Why and Which Ones

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly I don't know enough about enzymes and probioitics to be able to argue whether what they are marketing is factual or not. All I know is that if you're truly looking for probiotics I would go for one with more strains and no unnecessary added ingredients.

You might find this link helpful: Probiotics for Cats - Why and Which Ones
I’ll check it out.
:thanks::hellocomputer: