Anyone going to the TICA Annual?

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I agree my thread has been taken over.
Sorry, mews2much. I just want to be able to enjoy the show and be able to meet yet another TCSer in person.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In my experience, conversations don't always stick to one specific topic, but branch off into other interesting discussions. I don't care if my own threads go off-topic.

Will refrain from veering off topic from now on, in other people's threads.

Have fun at the show.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

In my experience, conversations don't always stick to one specific topic, but branch off into other interesting discussions. I don't care if my own threads go off-topic.

Will refrain from veering off topic from now on, in other people's threads.

Have fun at the show.
sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It wasn't the off-topic part that got me mad, it was just 'how' it got off topic. This was just supposed to be a feel good thread. I have been anticipating this trip for about a year and just want to have fun.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

For heavens sake it's a public message board filled with various opinions, many threads evolve into another discussion while still relating to the first post.

Regardless of what anyone here thinks this show will be handing out rosettes.

Knowing how much it costs to put on a show, I know that it will not be something that happens within my association.

There are I think 2 people from this thread actually attending the show? I'm sure you'll have a nice time in spite of this thread

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry if we got off topic for you guys. The show will be fun regardless. Just that someone brings up another "sorta" related topic and then it just gets off track. Happens all the time.

Many times my "show wins" gets off track and I don't care.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I agree my thread has been taken over.
You replied to many of the "OT" posts. . . how is someone taking it over if you're participating in the conversation?

Guess I totally forgot that we're not supposed to actually talk about any real show or breeding issues in the breeders corner!

Come on guys, don't be so quick to take offense. I voiced my opinion and I'm going to keep it. You voiced your own and you may keep it as well. Like GK said, we're going to agree to disagree, no?

Now give your kitty babies a hug and remember that at the end of every show you take home the best prize in the show. I'll take my kitties over any rosette any day!

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is a sort of old thread but 1. mews2much I am going to the TICA Annual and I am sure I will see your lovely Sphynx in the alter class since I'm showing a cat in the same class and right after Sphynx (Thai ). I'm not going expecting finals but i wanted to help represent the breed since this is the first year in Championship as the TICA Thai )

and 2. re the rosettes discussion, I myself rather like having the one big rosette per show with the sticky cards for each final. Otherwise they would soon get overwhelming as far as displaying them! Of course when you get all the separate ones you can give some of them back to the club to recycle but this way you do have the one big rosette that shows all your cats finals at a show, and it takes up less room. The only problem for me is some of the clubs get stickers and ribbon that don't stick very well together. Some of those stickers are a lot better than others.

However, I can understand how people who are used to the separate rosettes might feel it's not fair that if they go to a show and get several Bests they don't get more individual and special prizes to represent that achievement, and that what they get is not enough difference from someone who got 10th or those who did not final at the show.

Since people on here were talking about this as something to encourage new exhibitors , I'm a new exhibitor in TICA and I don't feel like I need to be given a rosette just for walking in the door. I felt like I shouldn't get a rosette until my cat finaled. In fact at the first show I thought that was how it was supposed to be. I thought you were only supposed to go up and pick up the rosette once you had a final to stick on it. Later I realised people were just taking them as they came in but my first few shows I waited until after my first final. I have been very fortunate so i dont know how i will feel about getting the rosette without any finals.

Of course GoldenKitty said it was more thinking about new exhibitors of HHP as far as giving pretty rosettes to everyone to encourage entries and it's true maybe they might have a different feeling since they dont have the motivation of doing it for a breed.

Anyway (just to contradict myself) I admit that in the case of the Annual it will be nice to have the souvenir even though i don't expect to final.

and FerrisCat you are so right, the kitties themselves are the best prize of all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will see you then.
There is always a Thai at our shows.
It is right after my sphynxs.
I also do not expect to final there will be many nice sphynx there.
It should be a fun show though and we will get to meet people we have never met from all over the world.
We only get rosettes if we final in CFA so when I first started showing in TICA I was confused.
The MP TICA Regional only gave Rosettes if you made a final so many people complained.
It does not matter to me either way but I do have a huge box of rosettes from CFA.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the last Arcadia show, the older Thai female shown in the alter class was my cat's aunt, who had been shown in new breed classes when she was younger but had not been in a show hall for a while. I am glad that a few of these cats who helped get the breed to championship in TICA are able to come out now and get a title.
I read in your other post of your cats' finals at that show - Congrats on that, I hear that was a very strong class of alters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks,
I like your Aunts cat.
It was a very tough class.
Wrinkles was next to her in some of the rings.
Are you staying in the show hotel?
We are coming friday.
Did you see there will be 60 Alters at the Annual?

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm coming out on Friday too and staying in the show hotel.
They do have a good count! I'm going to enjoy seeing so many beautiful cats (& meeting their people of course) .

I'm glad you liked Sammy's Aunt Aravis ( his sire's full sister). She's a pretty cat though of course she's gotten dark now. They are from an old line of Siamese that had been thought might have died out. Aravis's owner is one of small group of breeders who tracked down the descendants

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I can not wait to see your cat.
You will meet some of my friends at the show also.
Can't wait to see everyone at the show hotel. I will make a brief appearance at the pre show party.