Anyone else have a serial seat-stealer?

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willy was just out cold on the top of his cat tree, which is on the other side of the room from my living room chair.

I get up to pour a cup of coffee, come back within 20 seconds, and he's sprawled out across the whole chair where I was sitting.

It literally never fails. Doesn't matter where I'm sitting either... if I get up, he must take it.

The attached photo is from another time when he was completely asleep elsewhere, then I got up to use the bathroom, and returned to find him completely asleep in my seat.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I come back to find her planted where I was.
I'm amazed at how quickly and quietly Willy gets onto my chair. He's not as fast and stealthy as he used to be anymore, as he is entering his senior years. But I never see or hear him do it. He is suddenly just there.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can relate to this Gabby was supposed to be more my cat... but she is such a daddy's girl and any time he gets up she is in his spot quicker than he can even get to the next room sometimes 😆 😆 😂 😂
Belle is definitely Daddy's Girl. But she steals my wife's seat. We'll be downstairs watching TV and when my wife leaves the couch to get something upstairs, Belle steals her spot.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Belle is definitely Daddy's Girl. But she steals my wife's seat. We'll be downstairs watching TV and when my wife leaves the couch to get something upstairs, Belle steals her spot.
It' is absolutely dorable to watch!!!
Gabby is kinda funny about certain things. She has this odd behavior when anytime him or I are walking and she wants pets she will walk and meow at us and then right when we bend down to pet her she walks away and plops down on the floor or on the couch but we have to follow her to wherever she wants to be and then we can pet her haha

Sometimes when he gets up she will be hot on his heals meowing at him until he stops to pet her. then she will turn around and make him follow her to his seat then she'll jump up in his seat and flop over for belly scritches. Lol she is a lovely spoiled little lady and she knows she has us both wrapped around her little toe beans lol

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
When I sit out on the patio Graycie sits on the opposite chair,I go get coffee,come back & she's in my chair-so,I take tye other chair.... then I water the plants,turn to sit and she's in thst chair- again,I move my coffee over & sit in the empty chair... go get a refill,come back & she's on that chair- & we play musical chairs until I stay put someplace

Funny,she looks as though she never moved at all-could make you think your nuts!
20190515_072940.jpg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I sit out on the patio Graycie sits on the opposite chair,I go get coffee,come back & she's in my chair-so,I take tye other chair.... then I water the plants,turn to sit and she's in thst chair- again,I move my coffee over & sit in the empty chair... go get a refill,come back & she's on that chair- & we play musical chairs until I stay put someplace

Funny,she looks as though she never moved at all-could make you think your nuts!View attachment 456341
That's another of their skills - even though we could swear they just arrived in the seconds since we got up, they've clearly been there for hours and hours and are frequently deeply asleep.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's another of their skills - even though we could swear they just arrived in the seconds since we got up, they've clearly been there for hours and hours and are frequently deeply asleep.
It's like a more lighthearted version of Schrodinger's Cat.

When we are not looking, they simultaneously exist, asleep, on all chairs, everywhere. Quantum super-chair, if you will.

When we turn to observe, the act of observing determines which chair they are asleep on at that moment.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's like a more lighthearted version of Schrodinger's Cat.

When we are not looking, they simultaneously exist, asleep, on all chairs, everywhere. Quantum super-chair, if you will.

When we turn to observe, the act of observing determines which chair they are asleep on at that moment.
That's it!! :flail:

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just this afternoon, we had this interaction...

I was playing video games on my Nintendo Switch (for which the living room chair is the only place to sit where the controller has enough wireless range).

I got up for about 10 minutes, came back, and Willy was quite relaxed on my chair. Not asleep, but eyes half-closed.

Me: "You're in my seat."

Willy: "Mmmrrr."

Me: "Are you going to move?"

Willy: (less enthusiastically) "Mmm."

After which, he shut his eyes completely.