Anybody play hide and seek?

hbrady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's not really hide and go seek, but a form of the game. It's just an exercise of mock hunting where I'm the prey. We see who can sneak up on who first. If I get her first I say, "Boo!" If she gets me first, she jumps/prances out with her nose in the air. I always bust out laughing cuz it's so darn cute!

Here's another cute, related story. When she was little, she hid under the bed one night and I didn't know she was under there. Suddenly these paws shot out and grabbed my ankle when I walked by. Of course she got a rise out of my and I gave a good scream. She thought that was pretty funny and continued to do it for weeks.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so cute!

Gracie and I have our version of hide and seek too. It's starts with me letting out a shriek like I'm afraid of her, then running and hiding somewhere. Gracie then comes and finds me. When she does, I tell her how smart and pretty she is, she kind of struts around a little like she's really proud of herself, then we do all over again. I love playing this game with my little sweetie!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's cute! Felixia loves to play hide & seek too...I'll hide, and she'll hunt for me. When she finds me she gets petted all over, and then she'll zoom away, to give me a chance to hide again.

ravin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Panter and I play. The best is when we play with the cat tree. He will hide behind one of the posts and peek out at me and I will do the same. I have to be more careful now because last time he smacked me in the face with his paw.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes me and Rosie have done peekaboo since she was a kitten!.

I'll be at the top of the stairs on the hallway and she'll be at the bottom, i slowly pop my head out and say "peekaboo", then move back, then slowly Rosie will creep up the stairs, then i do it again but she stops!, but as soon as i move back she creeps up a couple more steps until she runs up the last 3 or 4 at me

This is a picture of her creeping up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hbrady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just love reading everybody's stories.

danalee2682

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Clinton and I play hide & seek too. However, the tables are turned. He'll headbutt or swat at me and run and hide in the bathtub (always the bathtub). I'll call out to him, and when I "find" him, he jumps out at me, attacks me, and is ready to play again.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oliver likes to hide under my desk and swat my feet when I walk out of the bathroom, haha.... he also WILL NOT let me throw out the box his snuggle ball came in because he hides in it, haha... I'll be playing with him and his fishing rod toy and he'll run and hide in the box, peering around the corner and then pouncing on the toy - it's hilarious!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Max learned to play hide and seek. I would whisper, "Max, I am going to hide from you." Then I would run and hide. The first time or two, I couldn't believe Max knew what he was doing. But I kept it up until I was sure. When my husband came from school, I asked him if he wanted to see Max play hide and seek. His response was "Oh sure, all cats do that." Anyway, he was pleasantly surprised as Max and I demonstrated the new game he had learned. Cats are soooooooooo smart.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I didn't fully explain the hide and seek game. What I meant to say is Max would come and find me everytime.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rosiemac, these are beautiful cats in the picture of Rosie coming up the stairs.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Yes me and Rosie have done peekaboo since she was a kitten!.

I'll be at the top of the stairs on the hallway and she'll be at the bottom, i slowly pop my head out and say "peekaboo", then move back, then slowly Rosie will creep up the stairs, then i do it again but she stops!, but as soon as i move back she creeps up a couple more steps until she runs up the last 3 or 4 at me

This is a picture of her creeping up
LOL.....cool! Steep stairs too.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are great stories! Luna and I don't play as often as before my bf and I moved intogether, but we did it all the time. I would play pounce on her (meaning I would sneak up on her and grab her, not actually pounce on her LOL) and she would pounce back. It was really cute because she'd let me get her too!

So now this subject was brought up, I might revive the game again!