Any Tips Or Advice On Adapting To A High Energy, And Very Clingy Siamese Kitten.

Mimi527

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have a total of four cats and I don’t know what we’d do if it was just her. She has so much energy and she’s so clingy that it seems no amount of playtime with either me, my husband or her siblings is enough. I am aware that this breed can be quite high maintence and expected a bit of adapting on my part. I am looking for tips, tricks and tools for making my baby happier.
We have a 2,000 sq ft house, no areas are closed off to the cats, we have two cat trees, a bunch of toys both electric and normal, beds. My husband spends about 2-3 hours throughout the night playing with her when she cries for me while I sleep (he’s a night shifter) and I play with her for an hour alone during the day, during our joint kitty playtime with all the babies for an hour, I take her on walks and have the electric toys in while I’m cooking or working around the house. All this stuff has more then satisfied all my other babies, but she has so much energy. Any advice?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Do you have wand toys like the Da Bird? Do the other cats play with her?
I would up wand toy play, especially fast moving feathery toys like the Da Bird.
Are your cat trees and beds in high up places she can look out the window, with a bird feeder or street scenes to watch?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimi527

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww, baby meezer!! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

how old is she?

Is she at all entertained yet by watching birds, either outside (you could hang birdfeeders outside a window) or on screen?

Would there be something here?

Playing With Your Cat: 10 Things You Need To Know

How To Choose The Best Toy For Your Cat

19 Best Interactive Cat Toys: Your Ultimate List (2019) | Heavy.com

Home - the Ripple Rug

Food Puzzles for Cats

How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats)
It’s winter here so we don’t have a ton of birds right now, so I don’t know if she’ll be interested in those but I will say that since a baby mouse got inside and she killed it she’s been a lot harder to keep happy (what a mess that was) she’s about 5 months old now, I’ve had her since I bottled fed her.

But I will read those.

Mimi527

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Do you have wand toys like the Da Bird? Do the other cats play with her?
I would up wand toy play, especially fast moving feathery toys like the Da Bird.
Are your cat trees and beds in high up places she can look out the window, with a bird feeder or street scenes to watch?
I have both the manual wands I use and two different electric feather toys. One has a thing we’re she get the feather ball outta the top, and chases the feather around the bottom and I often replace the feathers cuzbshe tears them off and I have the carpet that has the feather movin under it as well as the auto laser light.

I’ll have to see about birds when the weather is better and we have more in our yard, but we do have a robin that lays eggs near one of our bedrooms so it shouldn’t be hard to get them to the window when that happens.
We had a baby mouse get in and that actually when she got a bit more destructive. She caught the mouse within a minute of us seeing it and had it dead pretty quick. She’s been eagar and energetic since then.0

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't recall if hexbug toys are mentioned in one of those links I provided above, I think they are, but they're little robot toys if you don't have those already.

Cat Toys --be sure and scroll down on the page to see the toys

If you have hard floors, (not carpet) they might be just the ticket for your little predator. Just be sure and block off underneath the frig, couches etc etc or you'll forever be fishing them out :)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a baby mouse get in and that actually when she got a bit more destructive. She caught the mouse within a minute of us seeing it and had it dead pretty quick. She’s been eagar and energetic since then.0
If it was a baby mouse, you may have more in the walls/attic, and that is what she is all hyped about. She can hear and smell them but don't know where they are.
We had that happen to us, although in our case we also heard the scurrying too. Our cats were going insane for the entire time we had them in the house until we (or they) caught them all.

Mimi527

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't recall if hexbug toys are mentioned in one of those links I provided above, I think they are, but they're little robot toys if you don't have those already.

Cat Toys --be sure and scroll down on the page to see the toys

If you have hard floors, (not carpet) they might be just the ticket for your little predator. Just be sure and block off underneath the frig, couches etc etc or you'll forever be fishing them out :)
Okay awesome, I’m gonna order some of these. Thank you!

Mimi527

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it was a baby mouse, you may have more in the walls/attic, and that is what she is all hyped about. She can hear and smell them but don't know where they are.
We had that happen to us, although in our case we also heard the scurrying too. Our cats were going insane for the entire time we had them in the house until we (or they) caught them all.
Yea they live in the garage and rarely get inside the actual house as our big cat stays in the garage a lot, but it never occurred to me that they may be in here just not where we see.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mimi527 Mimi527 - If you have that big of a house, I'd set up a spare bedroom with something like this:
List Of Games To Play With Our Kitties

(I have a video of her playing on that particular day somewhere, maybe I can find it in the next hour or so and edit my post with it.)

Change the Gymnasium up each week maybe, different patterns, chairs, tunnels, crinkly paper, boxes... it will be intriguing for your meezer. You can just dismantle it at any time, if she loses interest.

We've also used this to get our cat through kittenhood:
What Is The Weirdest Thing Your Cat Ever Did?

:bliss:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My boy LOVES the fitted bed sheet "parachute" mentioned by PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws in What's The Weirdest Thing, except for him it's his "cat-cave" and as he's underneath it he seems to adore how it settles down around him LOL. He'll come from another room if he's awake and hears me changing sheets :)

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have nothing to add but I really want to say that your cat seems like a dream kitten :D I simply love the high energetic and social kittens. If I ever decide to buy one (I believe in "adopt, don't buy"), I'd get an oriental one.

Are you other cats adults or kittens as well?

Mimi527

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have nothing to add but I really want to say that your cat seems like a dream kitten :D I simply love the high energetic and social kittens. If I ever decide to buy one (I believe in "adopt, don't buy"), I'd get an oriental one.

Are you other cats adults or kittens as well?
I’ve always wanted a Siamese. When I got her as a foster kitten I was instintly in love. My husband knew she’d be a failure way before I’d had even admitted it to myself. Ginger is about a month younger then Cleo is and our two bigger cats are both two and four.