Any idea on my cats breed

eri93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm curious what breed(s) my cat Zetro might be? She's very affectionate and meows after me whenever I leave her in a seperate room, always takes the chance to snooze on my lap but she's also very fiesty. She even opens doors by the handle haha. She also makes a funny murring/gurgle noise when she sees me or when playing. I adopted her from a lady that no longer wanted her. I had seen a very dark photo of her and been told she was six weeks old (I've had her a month now so she would be ten weeks) before I went to pick her up and she definitely seems older than ten weeks. She's my first cat and I absolutely adore her already

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she didn't have the white, I would say a tortie.. but with the white, I suppose she's a calico. Her underside looks more calico than her top. What a lovely girl! And she is domestic shorthair.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, is is  older than 10 weeks,  she is probably even an adult.    Talk with your vet, he will confirm the exact age, do deworming, and give you time for spaying.

Why this hullyballoo about age?  my guess is the lady knew many people want to get a kitten, "nobody" is interested in an adult or almost an adult.  So she told a white lie.

Who cares here??  Both you and this beautie  are winners in this lottery of life.   :)

In rest, I agree with the above - domestic tortie with whie is probably the safest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eri93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks both of you ^^ I get paid monthly so haven't gotten to bring her for a vet check and microchipping yet. She was unexpectedly dropped in my lap otherwise that would've been first on my list of what to do ha. The only reason for the thoughts on age is for making plans to have her spayed, but yeah the vet will know. Thanks again : )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eri93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
From what I can tell she doesn't seem to have any baby teeth, but the back teeth seem to be relatively new and smaller than what I've seen on adult cats. She also doubled in size over the last month.

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Her teeth look brand new to me. I have two seven month olds who look about her size and lost their teeth about two months ago I believe. So I would say she is between 7-9 months maybe.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps the last owner meant 6 months? I would find that entirely believeable. They usually get their adult fangs around 5 months. That's usually a good indicator for time to spay!