Any Idea How Close She Is To Giving Birth?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just reading this post! Thank you so much for taking care of the baby girl ! She's adorable .. Hope the kittens come soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! I hope so, too. She's such a loving cat and has such a great personality.

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been 29 or 30 hours since I found her wet bottom and still nothing. Now she's playing tag with my boy cat as if nothing was going on. I can still feel the babies in there, and the whole bundle of them are still just above her hips. But she's all perky and frisky and trying to get into everything.

Maybe it was false labor? Or she's gotten her second wind? Or the babies have gotten into a position where they aren't as painful? Or she just wants to make sure I develop a full-blown ulcer and not just a minor one?

Any thoughts? I just don't want to ignore something that could be a problem because I thought it was normal or ok. We don't have the money to take her to the vet, but I could sell my son if I had to. Or blackmail some relatives. :p

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she's trying to have her babies under the couch...,.and doesn't realize she doesn't fit anymore. lol
atty under couch.jpg

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, not yet. She napped for about half an hour. Then followed me around as I put laundry away. And now is following the boy cat around. Whenever he tries to lay down she sits in front of his face, stares at him for a bit, then puts her paw on his nose until he sits up. She acts very calm and interested in everything going on. But is also doing her best to irritate my poor little man. lol

She does keep trying to lick herself randomly, but can't reach it now. And I did feel a baby push against my hand a little while ago. But that's it. Her belly is sagging towards the floor now, though. I think more than it was before.

Thank you so much for asking. I'm sure she's doing it on purpose so I end up with a full head of grey hair. lol

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, and my boy cat has calmed down now and is back to being protective of her again. This was her nap.
heathen atty nap.jpg

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so sweet !! What a big boy ! I wondered which one was pregnant :)

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol He is a big boy. And my fat old lady cat is even bigger. Even though the baby girl is a year or more old per the vet, she looks like a kitten to me because of the size difference.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sweet babies. So cute. The waiting game is terrible I know. Hang in there and just give her all the love and attention you can.

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! I really need to. lol I think I'm doubly anxious because I want to make sure all is well before I leave. If the babies need help, etc., I'd like it set up for my son to take over. Especially with baby girl being so small.

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! For a creature I just met about 3 weeks ago, she's certainly dominated my life in a hurry. lol

She's either having hiccups every 5 ish minutes, or mild contractions. I lifted her tail to get a gander at her down under to see if anything was happening down there. She gave me the most offended look, pushed my hand away from her tail with her hind leg. Then she stood facing me, gave me a "know your boundaries" look, and laid back down with her butt away from me.

How dare I!! lol

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nothing new. The hiccups, or whatever they were, stopped after a couple of hours. She plays for a bit, a slow, gentle play, not like a couple of weeks ago, then sleeps. I've noticed that the area around her bottom nipple is getting puffy and full looking. Nothing like that on the other nipples. And she's trying to lick herself more, but can't reach.

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully that means soon? Maybe I should stop staring at her 24/7. Are birthing cats the same as waiting for pots to boil? lol

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's because you want it to happen before you go away !

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know, right? lol I really want those babies here before I leave. And preferably early enough that I can have everything set up if the kittens need any type of help.