Any Experience With Tummyworks?

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tried FortiFlora per vet recommendation, but my girl threw it up within a minute, and my boy wouldn't even touch it. I mixed it into their food, as suggested...but nope.

On the bright side, Chewy gave me a full refund, plus suggestions for other probiotics.

So, does anyone have experience with TummyWorks? It says it's tasteless, which seems like a plus.

Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Furballsmom Furballsmom . I did do a search of the site and found some similar passing references to TummyWorks. I was just hoping for more details, since my kitties had such a bad reaction to FortiFlora.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In that post, Dr mercola's is mentioned and also that it has a higher live bacteria count than tummyworks - I don't know if that would be good or not. I have Animal Essentials plant enzyme and probiotic you could consider too. I think, since every cat is so different, that you might have to try one or two and see what you and your kitties think :)

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the links. I'm on an extremely limited budget right now, so experimenting with different options is difficult.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really answering your question since we haven't used TammyWorks, but my cat also dislikes Fortliflora so I thought I'd share what probiotics my cats did like:

As for their effectiveness, I'm happy with both options, although I use them as a general immune boost and upper respiratory viruses control rather then to manage their tummies. I probably like the Pet Ultimates a bit more because I can decide myself how much to give them and it lasts longer that way. But they do vary when it comes to cultures so you need to check ingredients yourself. Also, the cat disliking fortiflora LOVED Renew Life a lot when it comes to taste, but she also didn't mind the other one (although I started with small doses and increased them so maybe that helped).

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to update and say that so far, TummyWorks is a hit! Either the cats don't taste it or they like what little flavor it has (it is supposedly odorless and tasteless, though). It's only been four days, so I haven't seen any real effects yet, but I'm hopeful!