Any Breed Ideas?

Sdimick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have my precious cat Luna here. I adopted her as a kitten and she's 6 years old now. She has black stripes on her tail and a small white patch on her chest, otherwise she is a beautiful grey. In the sun, it looks like maybe a little hint of bronze/blue. She's very intelligent and a one person cat, very loyal to me. She reads emotions very well and she's always by my side. I'm just curious if she's considered a solid grey tabby (if that's a thing) because she does have some noticeable stripes. I'm just curious what others think. Thanks!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She's beautiful! I'd call her coloring solid blue, with ghost mackeral tabby markings. Regarding breed, we might consider her a decent Korat lookalike, because she's blue, but has more of the intermediate body shape of the Korat, instead of the more slender Russian Blue. Without papers, though, she'd be considered a Domestic Shorthair. You could also call her a Maltese cat, which is another name for a blue cat of indeterminate breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sdimick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I was thinking a korat was the most similar, by didnt know anything about the maltese. Unfortunately, no papers

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you! I was thinking a korat was the most similar, by didnt know anything about the maltese. Unfortunately, no papers
Maltese is another term for Blue Domestic Shorthair. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sdimick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maltese is another term for Blue Domestic Shorthair. :)
Yes, I just read a little on that. That's most likely what she is. I just got curious because I'm thinking of getting another kitty and have been kind of surprised as to how hard it seems to come across another grey cat like my Luna. Thanks for the replies!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The locklet on the chest is a "fault" which something happens on solid colored cats, may for example happen with russian blue. so its not a true white spot with them, its not caused by the white spot gene. As the RB per definition dont carry that gene.

Or, to be honest - it MAY be caused by the white spot gene, but it doesnt need to be so.