Any Breed Guesses On These Guys?

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did a color thread, but I'm curious if anyone has any breed guesses. These photos are from today.
catsite8.jpg
catsite9.jpg
catsite10.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, for sure! But they're so fun.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
They are most likely Domestic Mediumhair (I'm guessing they'll end up as Mediumhairs after they lose their baby fluff). How much do they weigh? I'd be curious if could be some giant breed in their ancestry.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 'M' on the one indicates either tabby or maine coone. But, I don't see tufts on the ears or between the toes. So, I'm guessing (only a guess) that they are DMH with some tabby influence.

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tabby is just a color, and one of the ladies is indeed tabby in coloration (torbie, to be exact)! They do both have toe tufts, but no ear tufts on either of them.

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are most likely Domestic Mediumhair (I'm guessing they'll end up as Mediumhairs after they lose their baby fluff). How much do they weigh? I'd be curious if could be some giant breed in their ancestry.
I'll pop them on the scale today! I don't think they're particularly large, though. They came to me extremely underweight, so they're playing catch up.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tabby is just a color, and one of the ladies is indeed tabby in coloration (torbie, to be exact)! They do both have toe tufts, but no ear tufts on either of them.
Lol, sorry. I have said a few times that I don't know much about breeds (except the Mau). I just know that the 'M' is a sign of either tabby or maine coon. If it were a horse, I could tell you what breed, not so much with a cat.

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okie dokie. They're still a little thinner than I'd like, though they hide it well under their fluff. Nox is 2.92 lb at 12 weeks old. Luna is 2.74 lb.

DragonsNKitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol, sorry. I have said a few times that I don't know much about breeds (except the Mau). I just know that the 'M' is a sign of either tabby or maine coon. If it were a horse, I could tell you what breed, not so much with a cat.
I'm right there with you! I can tell you most dog breeds, but I'm still learning cat breeds.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Okie dokie. They're still a little thinner than I'd like, though they hide it well under their fluff. Nox is 2.92 lb at 12 weeks old. Luna is 2.74 lb.
That is on the smaller end of weights for 12-week-old kittens. They might still have a growth spurt though, it's hard to predict exactly how big they'll get, especially if they are currently underweight. For now, we'll call them Domestic Longhairs... if they hit around 15 lbs as adults (without being overweight), then we'll look again at the possibility of influence from a giant breed.