Antibiotics done, now for the diarrhea...

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Simon had his last dose of the Clavamox for his URI last night (He's only sneezed a couple of times in the last few days, but that could be down to regular ole' allergies, so I'm not concerned). This round, however, seemed to give him runny/liquid stools - It's not that he was going MORE than normal, still just the once a day, but it was pure liquid when he DID go. The vet said we could've switched antibiotics, but since he only had two days left at the time, I didn't want to upset his GI system further by switching him to an entirely new antibiotic. Instead, we just took him off of the miralax (that he generally needed for pre-existing litterbox issues) and added an additional probiotic pill every day (on top of what he was already receiving) and just dealt with it. He didn't express any signs of nausea, still ate like a racehorse, and only has only thrown up once (which was this morning; I put down to being an hour late with his breakfast due to illness on my part)

How long after the last dose of antibiotic did any of y'all have to wait for your cats to go back to normal poo habits?

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It takes months for my girl for her poops to go back to normal after antibiotics. Probiotics help but s.boulardi with MOS (Jarrow brand) helps instantly, although recently I had to give as much as 3 capsules a day. I’d certainly try this.