Antibiotic question and concern.....

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And 2 other thoughts:

It took months of trial and error to find the right combination of treatment for Muddy. Don't be afraid to try different things when something doesn't seem to be working. Every cat will respond differently to the various therapies used to treat it. You have to keep searching until you find the one that Pip responds to.

I know you do a lot of feral cat rescue, and am curious if Pip was feral born. All of my cats were born feral, and often times they develop odd diseases from the poor quality food their moms ate while pregnant and nursing. On top of that, both Muddy and Stumpy were separated from their moms very young (Muddy orphaned at 10 days old and Stumpy abandoned at about 4-5 weeks old). They did not get all of the immunity benefits that kittens usually receive from their moms. My vets have always thought that these types of cats can have more difficult medical issues as they age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amy, I replied to you regarding the above in Pisqueak's Health thread. You have such valuable information and I am thankful to you for that