Another refrigerator thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Found a fridge bin at Target today and bought it. iDESIGN 12x8x8.25 Deep Drawer Bin It comes with a divider but I took that out. The bin now holds a bag of frozen chicken pieces and a few partial bags of other food. I put the bin at the back of the freezer and now the space in front of it currently has another partial bag of food and a bag of muffin halves. I think I would want another bin to hold those. Target had a few other possible options. The space is 12 inches wide by 8 inches deep. The Multi-Purpose bin mentioned in the blog is an inch too long:doh2: There isn't anything I can do about the unopened bags of frozen raw food but at least they're divided off in their own section. The bags are just lumpy :ohwell: Those I'm keeping lying flat and stacked. Top drawer I can't really do much with since it's so shallow. The two bags of opened raw food have to lie flat and it doesn't make sense to buy a shallow tray / bin just for those. The ice bin-turned-storage bin can hold smaller bags of food items when I have them.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I purchased a high end GE Profile in the fall of 2016. By March of 2021 it was leaking.water from both ice maker and occasionally stopped working altogether. I did not have a good experience with the GE repairman . I replaced the GE with a slightly less appointed Frigidaire Proffessional model. I did purchase a 5 year extended warranty as a safety measure . To date I haven't had any issues with the Frigidaire .

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Going down the rabbit hole looking for freezer bins :dizzy: The Container Store has a bin similar to the one I bought at Target and it costs more 😮 Actually everything at The Container Store is pricey but generally well made. I found affordable options on Amazon.

Winchester Winchester any non toxic cat-safe ways to clean the stainless steel? It'll be mostly the fridge part because I still have the clear protective film on the bottom freezer. This says Bar Keeper's Friend is best. Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish is mentioned on other web sites.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bottom freezer drawer is more or less organized now:

The top bin is the Target one. The bottom one is one I got from Amazon. They fit well and I can find what I need, not that I have much still. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I do usual sponge clean of my stainless and then given them a spritz of window cleaner and a paper towel wipe for a smudge free shine.