Another color question?

railntrailcwgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is she?

She has less color on the front part of her body, most of the redish/orange color is on her back, hips, tail, and paws. She also seems to be getting oranger as she ages. When I got her as a kitten her paws and stomach were a very light creamy color, they've darkened up considerably since then.

A baby pic:

October/November:

December:

I have some pictures of her paws but PB is being stupid so they'll have to wait a little while.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pretty sure she is considered a Patched Tabby (also known as a Torbie). She's gorgeous

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I'm pretty sure she is considered a Patched Tabby (also known as a Torbie). She's gorgeous
And ditto on how pretty she is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

railntrailcwgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I was pretty sure that she was a Torbie after reading the other thread but wasn't 100%. Yeah she's pretty I
her so much!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - she's a SILVER Patched Tabby (I think) - the first two pics look very silver looking (silver background with black markings). But the last picture is off color making her look like a Brown Patched Tabby.

What is her eye color? Silver Tabbys should have green - darker the green the better; however I've seen some Silvers with gold eye color.

She is NOT a torbie - go to the other thread and read my description of the terms and the colors. Torbie is NOT the same thing as a patched tabby!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Wow - she's a SILVER Patched Tabby (I think) - the first two pics look very silver looking (silver background with black markings). But the last picture is off color making her look like a Brown Patched Tabby.

What is her eye color? Silver Tabbys should have green - darker the green the better; however I've seen some Silvers with gold eye color.

She is NOT a torbie - go to the other thread and read my description of the terms and the colors. Torbie is NOT the same thing as a patched tabby!
She's not silver - my Nana has a Silver Tortie Tabby and it's a lot different, don't have pics on hand. In my cat fancy silver tabbies can have gold-copper eye colour

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm confused, in the other thread you said torbie and patched tabby are the same thing?

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nolia

ROFL wait is that painted claws I see?
I think she is wearing soft paws (or is it claws? we don't have those here so can't remember).

Here is a comparison pic of a silver tortie classic tabby
(GIC Ferme And That's It, BSH of course
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

railntrailcwgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

You're right she was much lighter as a kitten but unfortunately I don't have many baby pics.

Originally Posted by Nolia

ROFL wait is that painted claws I see?
NortherGlow's right she's wearing soft claws/paws (they are called different things if you buy retail vs. a vet/groomer). She's wearing pink and black right now in honor of Valentines Day.

http://www.softclaws.com/

They are the only thing that save my poor linen dresser from the rage of Storm Cat. lol

FOUND SOME PICS HERE YA GO GoldenKitty

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No way is it a brown tabby - that cat is a SILVER tabby - maybe a poor quality shade, but the red in the coat make some patches that appear to be brownish. Its a SILVER.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

Not a silver, but a brown/black tortie classic tabby.

No way is it a brown tabby - that cat is a SILVER tabby - maybe a poor quality shade, but the red in the coat make some patches that appear to be brownish. Its a SILVER.
Martice - did you ever breed silvers? She's definitely not silver.

Look at Baby Ghost on this link - http://www.ixidixi.se/females.htm

We'll have to agree to disagree

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok Sam - then explain to me why its NOT a silver and you say its brown. It doesn't look like any brown color I've seen.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind that in a DSH you are not necessarily going to see the clarity of color you would see in a purebred where they are bred for color (partially anyway...)

I once found a cat who looked quite a bit like an Egyptian Mau, she had the color and pattern-- she was silver spotted BUT being a DSH her silver color was darker/less clear than what you would see on a silver Mau. She also had some areas of "tarnishing" which I've been told is sometimes seen in (purebred) silver cats when only one parent is silver.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which is sorta my point - its a poor quality silver color (maybe with tarnishing), but IMO its a silver from the pictures. I've seen poor quality purebred silvers who are pets - not show cats.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Which is sorta my point - its a poor quality silver color (maybe with tarnishing), but IMO its a silver from the pictures.
I know, I was agreeing with you.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm seeing brown not silver, not even a low grade silver

in regards to tarnishing, it can happen even with 2 silver parents.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then its my screen, cause it does not look brown to me - or its your sceen. Probably would help if we all could see the cat in person.

I have seen photos of silvers that for some reason look brown in the pictures.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Which is sorta my point - its a poor quality silver color (maybe with tarnishing), but IMO its a silver from the pictures. I've seen poor quality purebred silvers who are pets - not show cats.
That's not tarnishing, lol.

Just like there are different grades of silver, there are also different variations of Brown Tortie Tabby.

You can see different variations here:

Brown Tortie Tabby, Molly Coddle

http://www.moonwalkers-exotics.co.uk/females.htm

Special Charm (this cattery is where a lot of my stock comes from)

http://willangi.com/willexot.htm