Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Anniversary

Discussion in 'Crossing the Bridge' started by betsygee, Dec 8, 2013.

1. betsygee

betsygee Thread Starter Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    Today is the fourth anniversary of the passing of my only child, Skittles.  She was the best cat ever and she really was my child and best friend.

She finally succumbed to kidney disease on 12/8/09, at 17-1/2 years old.  She had a good and long life and she was ready to go--but I sure wasn't ready for her to leave. 

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013

2. mservant

mservant The Mouse servant Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    The Mouse Pad, UK
    What a beautiful furbaby.  Her fur is like a little halo in the sunshine. [​IMG]

3. asherdash

asherdash TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 18, 2013
    Hot and sweaty Texas
    Beautiful pictures. I especially like the middle pic.Very sweet kitty

4. betsygee

betsygee Thread Starter Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    Thank you.  That middle one was actually one of her last days outside.  Skittles always looked bigger than she was because of all the fur but she was pretty frail and weak by then.  We let her sit out and enjoy a few minutes in the sun, she loved to be outside.

5. di and bob

di and bob TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 12, 2012
    Nebraska, USA
    I, too, have an anniversary on 12/8, the  passing of my beloved Chrissy a year ago. Somehow I have made it through, I'm trying hard to remember her with smiles instead of tears. I'm so happy that your sweet baby had 171/2 years with you, she had to have known how loved she was. Take care of yourself, it takes a long time to heal a broken heart. She's an angel now, always with you in your heart. RIP beautiful Skittles.

6. betsygee

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    I'm so sorry for your loss, too.  Yes, it does take a long time, doesn't it.  :-(

7. my4llma

my4llma TCS Member Top Cat

Oct 23, 2010

Beautiful Skittles [​IMG]

8. peaches08

peaches08 TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 11, 2013
    GA
    So sorry betsygee. CRF is such a cruel disease. I lost my soul kitty Grey to it on 12-5-11. I still cry when I think about it.

9. betsygee

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    Oh I'm sorry.  :-(   I know, sometimes I still break down when I try to talk about Skittles.  My consolation is that she lived as long as she did.  

10. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    What a beautiful girl, whom you obviously loved so much that she's still very much in your thoughts despite the passage of time. :rbheart: