Anniversary

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Today is the fourth anniversary of the passing of my only child, Skittles.  She was the best cat ever and she really was my child and best friend.

She finally succumbed to kidney disease on 12/8/09, at 17-1/2 years old.  She had a good and long life and she was ready to go--but I sure wasn't ready for her to leave. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Beautiful pictures. I especially like the middle pic.Very sweet kitty
Thank you.  That middle one was actually one of her last days outside.  Skittles always looked bigger than she was because of all the fur but she was pretty frail and weak by then.  We let her sit out and enjoy a few minutes in the sun, she loved to be outside.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, too, have an anniversary on 12/8, the  passing of my beloved Chrissy a year ago. Somehow I have made it through, I'm trying hard to remember her with smiles instead of tears. I'm so happy that your sweet baby had 171/2 years with you, she had to have known how loved she was. Take care of yourself, it takes a long time to heal a broken heart. She's an angel now, always with you in your heart. RIP beautiful Skittles.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise

I, too, have an anniversary on 12/8, the  passing of my beloved Chrissy a year ago. Somehow I have made it through, I'm trying hard to remember her with smiles instead of tears. I'm so happy that your sweet baby had 171/2 years with you, she had to have known how loved she was. Take care of yourself, it takes a long time to heal a broken heart. She's an angel now, always with you in your heart. RIP beautiful Skittles.
I'm so sorry for your loss, too.  Yes, it does take a long time, doesn't it.  :-(

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry betsygee. CRF is such a cruel disease. I lost my soul kitty Grey to it on 12-5-11. I still cry when I think about it.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
So sorry betsygee. CRF is such a cruel disease. I lost my soul kitty Grey to it on 12-5-11. I still cry when I think about it.
Oh I'm sorry.  :-(   I know, sometimes I still break down when I try to talk about Skittles.  My consolation is that she lived as long as she did.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful girl, whom you obviously loved so much that she's still very much in your thoughts despite the passage of time. :rbheart: