Angel isn't doing well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stewball...I agree with you...I hope Kelly knows we are compassionate and crying as we write to her about Angel..

His eyes show they are just weary and he wants to pass over..he is tired and he has suffered enough.

I had to make that decision in October with Peebo and he looked at me and I still cry...

as he knew what was happening..

Angel is a beautiful cat and has had a great mother and life with Kelly

it will be heart breaking to let him go.. but he has gone through so much.

SheriT, Lily and Bro

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 Play happy over the Bridge Angel.  No more sickness, no more pain. 

I'm so sorry Kelly.  This really is the most difficult part of loving them; its never easy to let go. 

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Kelly

I sit here crying..over your heartbreak in losing Angel this morning.

I have had the upper respiratory illness for a week and have not been reading the updates

until this morning..

I know you have a hole in your heart and the way you loved Angel it must feel as if the wind is blowing through you

right now..through that hole...

You did the right thing...from the look in Angels eyes he was ready to go..

Again so sorry for your loss..

your savior  will comfort you...

Sheri, Lily and Bro

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, Kelly. Angel was very special to all of us. RIP, sweet Angel. 

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry, Kelly.  You have shown great love for Angel and will see him again someday.

cheesymice

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry, Kelly. I know just how you feel. I had to let my baby boy Jack go on Monday. Like Angel he just wasn't his old self anymore after battling cancer. He'd lost interest and joy in all the things he used to love. I knew it was time although it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and I miss him terribly.

Many hugs to you and maybe Jack and Angel can meet up for a play date over the Bridge.

Elizabeth and Mitzi

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thoughts are of you and Angel. You love Angel so much you have from beginning to end did the very best for Angel, you were 500% in it. Angel was

a very lucky cat to be so loved and properly cared for by you, you were amazing. 

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Angel was lucky to have you. He loved you and you loved him....that much is obvious from reading through all these posts. I think most of us on here have had to go through this at some point. Myself included...... So please realize you are in many peoples thoughts today. You where there for him when it mattered the most....and he knew that....I can guarantee that he knew that. Every creature should be so lucky to feel loved like that.

walkingrock

Bodie's mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kelly, I'm so sorry. You went more than above and beyond to give Angel the very best life possible. The hole in your heart has got to be huge right now, it brings back remembrance of my loss of my little doxie, Maya, that I had to put to sleep a year ago this last month; it is very painful. You are in my heart. 

Last edited:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
So truly sorry for your loss of Angel.
He was such a special kitty and I know your heart is broken right now. I so wish I had some magic words to say to take all your pain away. I know the pain will be unbearable at times. I still cry over the loss of my special kitty, Mickey. Your sweet Angel will live in your heart forever.
He made a huge impact here on TCS and will never be forgotten.
Angel will now be your true angel and will watch over you from Heaven.
He will never be far away.
Just talk to him and he will hear you.
RIP Sweet Angel!
Remember to come to your mommy and comfort her, as she will miss you so much.
Hugs to you , Kelly!

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Angel; you truly did everything possible and I am certain Angel knew this and appreciated your love and kindness. There is never enough time with our precious furbabies :-( 

Fly Free Angel, and land softly- you were so loved!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only imagine how hard it was, but you did the right thing.  I felt like he was suffering and I knew that that was something you would never want.  You did right by Angel up until his very last breath, Kelly.  There are so, so many cats who will never know what it's like to be loved by anyone, much less someone as compassionate and kind as you.  What a spectacular difference you made in his life!  Without you Angel would still be in terrible pain and suffering somewhere outside.

No one could have been a better custodian than you've been.  I hope you realize that.

I'm thinking about you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haven't had time to read any of your post today, but will soon. I just want to thank you all in advance for all of your love & support, and for riding through this journey with me.  

Know that my mom has been with me all day, & is staying over tonight. She just showed up this morning to pick us up with a bag!  ...That's a mom for ya!  

To make this easier on myself, I am pasting what I posted for today's daily logs, & the Go fund me update as well.

2/5/16 Today is a very sad day. This morning I had to let Angel go to heaven.

(Or should I say, go back to heaven). I had really been hoping things would turn around,

and he would improve. It just wasn’t happening. Every day, I hoped with getting more food back into him, he would feel better, & rebound from this. Instead, he stayed the same.

I knew I would have to make the decision soon, but still hoping to see a glimpse or sign that he

would get better.  After finding more lumps, & needing a feeding tube, deep down I knew it was probably the beginning of the end.  I just needed a little more time to accept it, and say good-bye.

It all turned around so fast. At first, the chemo was working, It was shrinking the tumors in his tummy. Then, Saturday night, when I found the lymphnodes in his throat swollen, I knew that couldn’t be good. After a full body X-ray, more were found. We even felt one in one of his hamstrings. It was taking over. I had been trying to finally make the decision of when, but it was just so final, I was having a hard time. Knowing it would be soon, last night I picked him up to come lay with me in bed, so we could start having some final “snuggle, cuddle” time, as I called it. When I heard his breathing in my ear, getting air in, but the exhale, sounding as if it were being pushed out, that’s when I knew, I couldn’t wait. I didn’t want him to suffer any longer than he already had. It was almost midnight, but I called my mom, & told her It was time. She would pick us up in the morning to take us. I emailed the vet, & let her know we would be there in the morning.  It was a difficult night. I kept him with me, snuggled up beside me, once again telling him all the things I wanted to say, as I had already been doing this past week.

I told him what a good, sweet boy he is, & how smart he is.

I thanked him for choosing me to be his mommy. I thanked him for all the kitty kisses, & snuggles., and for bringing me joy every day! I told him I loved him more than anything.

That I didn’t want to let him go, but I didn’t want him to suffer anymore.

I told him that after he crossed the rainbow bridge, to come & let mommy know that he is okay, and stay a while with me.

He went very peacefully. I believe it was around 8:30 am. They put a line in him, so all they had to do, when I was ready was give the injection. She said it happens quickly once given.

Just seconds. So after saying good-bye, and telling him all those things again, I sang him his little song that I made up years ago,  it stuck, & sang it ever since.

“You’re my little pumpkin pie,

You’re the apple of my eye,

You’re so sweet and cuddly too,

That’s why you’rrrre my boo boo.

Boo, Boo kitty,

Momma loves you,

Cause you’re my little angel,

And you love me too.”

Dr. Rockwell handed him to me in the towel, and after holing him & giving him a million more kisses, I told her she could go ahead. I told him he could go “night, night” now.

She gave him the injection, & it was seconds. A few released breaths, and my precious baby boy was gone.

I will forever love him!!

He will be privately cremated, (just him, no other animals as well) The Doc. was telling me how great these people are, & have done all her pets. They even do the paw print, & a lock of hair.

I will probably get him back early to mid next week.

He had the best vet in the world!! Or as Angel & I would say, “In ALL the land!” :)

I really, really can not say that enough! She has been amazing through all of this & always!  

I know we did all we could, and knowing he is not suffering anymore is the only thing that gives me peace. I did cry a lot today, but did better than I thought I would.

I attribute that to the so,so many prayers that were being said for the both of us,

and by the grace of God.

R.I.P. MY sweet Angel Baby!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for sharing this with us.  Of course, I am in tears.   
  I was doing okay until I came to the song for him and the floodgates opened. Such a sweet song, and such a loving way to say goodbye. 

Every step of the way, you put Angel first.  No cat ever had a better mom.  Your strength and care for Angel have been a real inspiration.  I'm really glad your mom is there with you tonight.  

I hope Angel comes to you in your dreams so you can be together again.  

Angel 
  Never to be forgotten, always loved.   

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I didn't think that many tears could fall from my eyes again. My shirt is soaked now. That was beautiful, Kelly. And I love the little song you had for him. We had a song for our Ali Cat, who looked a lot like Angel actually. {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}} to you from the Midwest.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The song got me, too. I sing to mine all the time, so I can relate. Gosh, this is hardest part about loving our furbabies so much!

Rest in peace, sweet Angel. You'll always be loved. 

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing. He is happy again playing in heaven. We will all be reunited with our pets one day. RIP sweet Angel watch over Mommy and know how much she loved you.[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji]

Status
Not open for further replies.