Anemic cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cards222002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Trust had been doing pretty good since Friday. Been very social eating pretty good and has regained some color on his nose (still pale but some improvement). Have an appointment in the morning not really expecting anything huge from going off the last bought. We didn’t see any huge jumps with the depo until week two we actually saw a little decline at the week one check. With only being three days since the shot I honestly don’t think we will see much of a change, but the change in behavior is definitely encouraging. His tummy still seems to be getting upset from the varenzin so may ask about taking him off that as his retics have been good and that’s more a treatment for non regenerative anemia. See how tomorrow goes

cards222002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
From our last bout with Trust and anemia I know there are going to be ups and downs. Especially as the steroids do what they need to do. Monday and Tuesday this week were great. Trust really started eating well was vey social was starting to get more pink in the nose however Wednesday and this morning can tell he dipped some. Nose was pretty pale and it did appear as he was breathing alittle faster than normal also really wasn’t wanting any attention. He still was eating good though. However by tonight nose started to look alittle pinker and breathing seemed to go back to normal. He has an appointment for a recheck in the morning so see what’s going on. My gut tells me we’ll see a dip in the RBC just how much of one have we see is the question. We are a week tomorrow from the depo injection. While we didn’t test him last time at the week mark we did test him at the 2 week mark and we did see a slight decrease the before the big jump at week 3. So I’m still hopeful I guess

cards222002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So appointment wasn’t the greatest but we have answers. As I mentioned Trust looked as if he was breathing heavy so we did a chest x ray which revealed he has a pretty good size mass on his lung. So not the news we wanted but at least we know. Basically going to keep him on the steroid and watch his quality of life. Really don’t know how quickly things are progressing so really don’t know how long we have with him could be weeks could be months. I’ll keep everyone posted

cards222002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry to read this. Please remember that we are here and let us know how you are.
Thanks I mean does it suck yeah but he’s 15 we got a lot longer with him than I thought we would with the initial bought of anemia. We are going to enjoy the time we have left with him make sure he’s not suffering and support him like we always have. Really in a way being told really nothing we can do is in a strange way and I hope it doesn’t make me sound like a jerk who doesn’t care hearing this is a relief in a way as I’m the type that if there is something to do I’m going to try it. What I am not really looking forward to is how my 4 year old daughter will take it just the dad in me but I’ll keep everyone updated as there are

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I do know what you mean by "relief". It is not really as we usually use the word, but more a comment on the fact that you would keep trying to do anything that might help, even long shots that maybe should not even be taken.

There are a huge number of resources on pet loss and children which have been developed over the years as pets developed into family members.

cards222002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So unfortunately we have an appointment in the morning to say goodbye to Trust. He’s stopped eating as of last night and can tell he is getting weaker in his back legs. Unfortunately it’s just time to let him rest. Unfortunately this past week has not been kind to my family as we had to say goodbye to our family dog last Saturday as well unexpectedly. I do want to thank everyone who has followed this and offered words of encouragement. Trust has had a good run at things and definitely used his 9 lives to the fullest. If someone comes to this thread looking for answers with anemia I cannot stress the depo injection made all the difference in Trust. This last bought with anemia I tend to think has more to do with the kidney issues and cancer vs the auto immune disease kicking up. So we got 7 plus more years with him than we probably wouldn’t have gotten if it wasn’t for the depo. I am terrible about signing back on to this page so don’t think I am ignoring anyone who’s looking for answers I have linked this to my new email address so hopefully I’ll get notified when someone does reach out.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this but I certainly see your point that Trust has gone on for as long as he is able. This has been a remarkable thread to think that it was started almost 10 years ago and that he survived, with your care, for all that time with the anemia.

It is very kind of you to come back to let us know and your thread will remain here for anyone who needs help with the same condition. Please remember that we are here for you, but understand that some find it more painful to return after a loss.

I am sorry for the unexpected loss of your dog and I hope that your little girl will be able to find some comfort given these two very close passings. You gave Trust a remarkable life, against great odds, and I hope that you can find some solace in that.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Once again, I am so sorry for your loss of Trust. When a cat passes, we lock the thread out of respect. If you would like to post a memorial to him in our Crossing the Bridge forum, you are more than welcome to do so.
Crossing the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.